Bethel Brother for 15 years called to "head office" thought he was qoute: "Going to get fired."

by Witness 007 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Roski
    Roski

They only sent an Aussie to Korea - things must not be going to well in the land of the morning calm.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I was told the housemaids are instructed to look at the brothers' bed sheets for 'compromising stains'. Finding a Kiss album is no biggie..

• Edington
    Edington

If Jesus truly were leading the WT org' why would anybody be fearful of those in the head office??

Jesus was loved not feared.

Ed

• undercover
    undercover
    I was told the housemaids are instructed to look at the brothers' bed sheets for 'compromising stains'. Finding a Kiss album is no biggie..

But finding a compromising stain on a KISS album would be...

I remember ex-Bethelites telling us that they had no privacy when it came to personal belongings. One brother told me he took Kingdom Melody cassette tapes, broke the tabs off and re-recorded over them with his favorite, non-conforming to Bethel standards music. But after awhile, the "searchers" got wise to that ploy and started looking for tapes with the tabs broken off.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

One brother told me he took Kingdom Melody cassette tapes, broke the tabs off and re-recorded over them with his favorite, non-conforming to Bethel standards music. But after awhile, the "searchers" got wise to that ploy and started looking for tapes with the tabs broken off.

Hey, it's warfare out there and countermeasures are called for.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Yep, I have personal experience with Home Overseers rifling through my stuff. Their pretexts for doing so was preposterous. But their reaosning is that at Bethel you are part of the Bethel Family, and as such, have to obey the "heads" of that Family, even if it has nothing to do with Biblical principle or individual conscience. I had to throw out a lot of good books and video games, just to reaffirm my loyalty to the "company".

• undercover
    undercover

I may have the tab thing backwards... (its been so long since I messed with cassette tapes) the more I think about it... you need the tabs for recording. He must have taped over the space where a tab would have been. I've done that myself when a tab got broken.

Damn...a memory is a terrible thing to lose.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I may have the tab thing backwards... (its been so long since I messed with cassette tapes) the more I think about it... you need the tabs for recording. He must have taped over the space where a tab would have been. I've done that myself when a tab got broken.

Yah, you do have it backwards, but I did not want to nitpick si I let it slide. Commercial tapes have the taps punched out so they do not get recorded over. Kinda dates me, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit