Cantleave's latest update

by cantleave 18 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Boyzone, THANK YOU. What you say is so true. I keep forgetting you don't need to be attached to any organisation or group to benefit from sound principles. The WTS influence is going to take a long time to be erased.

Don't be embarrassed by the question. She is 71 but as strong as an ox. There is no way she would ever doubt the Borg so I have to tread very carefully. I am begining to drops hints that I am emotionally exhausted and finding congregational responsibilities too much, this is paving the way for me to step down as an elder. I can start to fade from that point on.

• willyloman
    willyloman

You and your wife have a good shot at future freedom based on your description of her attitude. Just take it slow and easy. The road out calls for a marathon, not a sprint.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks Willyloman, I am inclined to agree with you.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

cantleave, just like me.

I think you got a good deal going. and just like me "they may have your body, but your mind is free"!

I can't afford Df'ing and I'm sure you can't either.

there were people on this board (who shall remain nameless), who would dispute things like this and saying that leaving "never hurts" anyone. we all know that leaving WT is hard!

hang in and good luck

• Mary
    Mary
    She is 71 but as strong as an ox. There is no way she would ever doubt the Borg so I have to tread very carefully. I am begining to drops hints that I am emotionally exhausted and finding congregational responsibilities too much, this is paving the way for me to step down as an elder. I can start to fade from that point on.

That's a good way to go cantleave. Just do it slowly so that it's barely noticeable. Any chance that down the road you could move so that you wouldn't have to attend meetings at all??

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

maybe you should take one thing at a time, I would leave the God thing out of it completely for now

i have found that I have lost complete "credibility" with people when it comes to religion/religious beliefs when they find out that I don't even believe in God any more (at least the Bible based God)

I would definitely use illness as an excuse to start fading, god knows there are enough depressed JWs, --- don't lose that inheritance! I tell my mom "you didn't give me time, education, at least give me money (don't leave it to the WTS).

Lilyflor

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

stress and depression are good reasons to miss lots of meetings

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    To give my children the freedom to explore their faith and beliefs without fear of retribution or exclusion, and to let them develop their full potential as free individuals is worth any monetary inheritance.

It's your decision, but I imagine the 71 year old will be around long enough for this to be a problem for the kids.

You need to make some hard choices. I fully agree that money doesn't make up for wasted lives. It also doesn't replace what you can allow your kids to do or prevent them from doing. The thing is, your wife is still in so there is no real hurry to yank the kids out and make trouble. You should, however, start teaching them that their future is their own and somehow teach them that WTS is total BS.

Start helping your wife as you start helping your kids. As far as you losing faith in the Bible, it may be your path. I know it was mine. Once I researched WTS, the Bible was next. I don't insist that others see it my way. But it does make it difficult to talk to my wife. She's not deep into WT doctrine, but she stays for a couple of reasons; she believes they have the basic truth from the Bible, she loves the social aspect of it and can't imagine giving that up.

You can do your best to make sure your children know different on both of those. I don't know about your wife. You must follow your path and not deny yourself on your spiritual journey. If you decide to reject the Bible, it is a matter of time before you reveal that to your wife and she might have a hard time listening to you. Again, it is your path. You must take it wherever it leads you. Encourage your loved ones to take theirs.

My copy of COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL, while it doesn't have any mention of JW's in it, has a single reference in the back for people looking for help that is for JW's. Take a black marker and just line through the reference. Then JW's are not in that book.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If Mom lives past the reasonable time the kids should have gotten baptized (in her opinion), perhaps you can still get the inheritance for you and the wife and cut the kids loose to rely on you after Grandma is gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit