Kelle Jarka Murder trial

by truthseekeriam 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Is being followed daily at www.swrnn.com for those interested.

This afternoons coverage said he was an elder at the time of the murder.

I think when the story first came out no one was sure if he was or not.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Wow, the poor kids.

I really hope that any Witnesses lurking and reading about this case, and him being an active elder at the time of the murder

take heed and do not discount.

Elders are humans like everyone else.

Believe your own intuition, if you don't trust one, there may be a good reason why.

Don't let any of them have power of you, your life and decisions you make.

Build up your own thinking abilities.

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Murrieta man charged in wife's slaying wasn't making mortgage payments when he reportedly bought $1 million in life insurance on her, records show
    Download story podcast
    10:00 PM PDT on Monday, September 1, 2008
    By TAMMY J. McCOY
    The Press-Enterprise
    A Murrieta man charged with murder for financial gain was not making mortgage payments at the time authorities say he purchased $1 million in life insurance on his wife, who died a few weeks later, county records show.
    Kelle Lee Jarka could face the death penalty or life in prison if convicted of the April slaying of Isabelle Jarka, his 40- year-old wife and the mother of two.
    County records show Kelle Jarka was notified between February and June that his Tamarisk Street house was going into foreclosure and he owed the state nearly $30,000 in taxes and fees.
    In early April, he bought life insurance policies worth more than $1 million on his wife, Isabelle, according to Murrieta police. She was bludgeoned to death a few weeks later, on April 28, in the master bedroom with her infant son nearby, police say.
    Jarka's attorney, Mark Johnson, said money problems were nothing new for the Jarkas, and it certainly was not the reason for Isabelle Jarka's demise.
    "They had been living on the edge financially for years," Johnson said. "I just don't think this was a murder for financial gain."
    The Jarkas lived beyond their means, Johnson said. The couple had an expensive boat, a nice house and many creature comforts.
    They also had each other, he said.
    "They seem to have a loving relationship," Johnson said.
    The defense attorney noted that he has taken a personal interest in this case because of the people involved.
    "Both of them were good people," he said.
    Prosecutor Burke Strunsky declined to comment.
    Public records show that bill collectors and notices about Kelle Jarka's debts were coming to the Murrieta home in the weeks and months before Isabelle Jarka's death.
    $29,000 Owed to State
    Kelle Jarka owed the state $29,141 in incomes taxes and fees from 2005, according to a Feb. 29 notice of a state tax lien filed with the Riverside County recorder's office.
    The mortgage went unpaid in March, April and May, according to county records.
    Kelle Jarka was notified that foreclosure proceedings were under way and he was behind on his payments by $24,779, according to county records filed in June. The house was in his name alone, the records show.
    In November, a credit card company sued Kelle Jarka for failing to pay more than $11,000, according to court records. The company wanted the courts to enforce an arbitrator's decision ordering Kelle Jarka to pay $10,500, the records show.
    Riverside County District Attorney Rod Pacheco has not announced whether his office will pursue the death penalty.
    It is unclear whether Isabelle Jarka knew about her husband's debts or the status of the family's finances.
    "We as a family were not aware, nor did we pry in their financial lives, therefore, understandably we had no knowledge of many things," Isabelle's sister, Maritza Trelak, said via e-mail.
    She declined to comment further because of concerns about the ongoing criminal case.
    Relatives Didn't Know
    In a prior interview, Isabelle Jarka's brother-in-law, Paul McGraw, said the family did not have any reason to think the Jarkas had financial problems because the couple appeared to being doing well.
    They do not believe Isabelle knew the extent of her husband's financial problems either, McGraw has said.
    Isabelle Jarka was hit in the head at least 11 times with an object that has not been found, according to Murrieta police. Her infant son was nearby when she died.
    Kelle Jarka called police about 8:45 a.m. on April 28 and initially reported that someone had broken into his house. Police believe he made make it look like the home was burglarized before calling police.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The night before she was murdered an elder came to counsel them for four hours.

The article is written strangely, It makes it sound as if Jose Cespedes was the elder that visited them........what elder makes a house call till 4am?

http://www.myvalleynews.com/story/40030/

Late the night before she died, an elder from their church came to counsel the couple, spending about four hours with them.
    Jose Cespedes left the Jarka home about 4 a.m. that Monday. Kirkpatrick said the reason Jarka did not tell the 911 operator about his wife first was because he did not want to upset his daughter and mother-in-law, who were standing next to him.
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

This story is really sad. I feel so sorry for the victims family. I really hope they get the justice they deserve.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

nathmedeah,

I really don't think all elders are assholes,

I guess I never put much stock in elders advice as I never went to them when I had a family problem. Oddly enough, a PO friend of mine, that lived 1200 miles away, I called for some advice and asked if I might talk to the elders in my congo, he said to me, You NEVER want to get the elders in your business if you can help it. I always took that advice.

I was probably never close enough to people in the congo to hear about when elders went to visit others with problems. Although I know it went on as I heard the elders wives either divulge that info or complain about it.

purps

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

The big question i have about this trial is not so much the witness involvement but why is this guy so stupid? Havnt we all watched enough matlock and law and order to know the whole kill your wife for the insurance money scam doesnt work? o maybe he didnt watch thoose shows ...to violent.didnt stop him from bludgeoning the mother of his children to death! really makes one wonder doesnt it?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

freedom,

Thats what I was thinking when I read the article.

How stupid this guy was.

For an elder, he really got caught up in materialism, probably

preached it from the platform, condemning all that had anything materially.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I've heard there is a lot more to the story...Mexican mafia, drugs...etc.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Check out the link on the top for today's article it's getting very interesting. Looks like the elder is being treated as a hostile witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit