New here

by Heartbreaker 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome welcome welcome!

How insulting to the Most Powerful Jehovah that he would just have to sit back, hands tied, and unable right now to protect his name, his people. How can they make him out to be so formidable, and so always present, and then in the same breath make him seem like an incapable imbecile that needs imperfect people to exact his rulings and judgements.

WOW! This is such an amazing point it deserves its own thread. I throw this in the face of all who use the "imperfection" excuse.

This thread has all my material reasoning on false witness teachings. I also recommend checking out jwfacts.com.

You've got friends and support here.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I think you will find the forum a great means of therapy.

LD

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

You sound like you are in incredible pain. Have you considered finding a (good) therapist? Chemical/alcoholic painblotting is only going to do you harm,

Cade, I appreciate your concern, but I may have raised flags that are unwarranted. If a JW picked up a cigarette and smoked it willfully and knowingly, and was caught and not sorry, they'd be dealt with in the cong, yes? My story is similiar, but not cigarettes, in fact less harmful IMO, and it's only occasionally when my headaches are too severe. Just think, if I had cancer it'd be legal ;) That's all I will say about that. I am very present for my kids, trust that, they are my first priority :)

Thank you everyone for at least acknowledging that you read my words, and lookie there, I didn't burst into flames ;)

Here's another question (and thanks for the links on jwfacts etc!) Did anyone have this urge to out themselves just to see if there were ones here that know them personally? It's all I can do to fight that urge. Well, since my fade was accelerated to a flat abduction quality disappearance at the hall, I've alerted everyone and their cousin and the phone is aringing night and day. Maybe the annonomous thing will take care of itself soon enough, as they are more than willing to fish out anyone new to DF from the stage.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello HB and welcome aboard!

Sounds like you have been through the mill and some :(

Anyhow, things are looking up :)

and he pulled the biggie in real life...well WHO IS his people then?

God's people are clear and those that aren't, see here

1 Peter 2:4-10 (New International Version)

The Living Stone and a Chosen People
    4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For in Scripture it says:
    "See, I lay a stone in Zion,
    a chosen and precious cornerstone,
    and the one who trusts in him
    will never be put to shame." 7 Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
    "The stone the builders rejected
    has become the capstone," 8 and,
    "A stone that causes men to stumble
    and a rock that makes them fall." They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

God's people are those that believe in the name of His Son

1 John 3:23 (New International Version)

23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

PS. I haven't prayed in 2 years. I just can't, it feels canned, fake, and unheard. Anyone else have this feeling? That's good, JWs are wasting their time. You cannot pray "our Father" until you are a child of God

John 1:12-13 (New International Version)

12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

You cannot come to the Father until you have received Jesus

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

His is "the name"

Acts 4:10-12 (New International Version)

10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 He is
    " 'the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the capstone.' 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

All the best,

Stephen

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

Welcome Heartbreaker, It takes time. It's hardest in the beginning, for some it gets easier quicker than others, depending on circumstances. You will feel better, you will have a clearer picture in due time. It's good to keep your children as priority but don't forget yourself. Forums like this are a tremendous help. I wish there was an internet 28 years ago when we joined.

WhereWasI

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

All journeys start with the first step and sometimes that step can be a BIG one.

You have take the first of many steps and in finding thisplace you will find many people to take further steps together.

Never forget that God and Jesus love you and want you to have a personal relationship with them, YOU with them, not some group or oganization, YOU.

Reach out to Jesus and he will be there for you.

As for right now, be strong and know that God is love.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

HB - I would recommend that you secure a copy of Raymond Franz' book, 'Crisis of Conscience'. As you might recall, Ray was a member of the Governing Body for several years. He left the GB, then the organization, around 1980. Though Ray does not weigh in on the matter of pedophilia within the organization, he certainly gives insight that can only come from inside the Governing Body. This book confirmed my doubts, and I never went back. Just a suggestion [as if you don't have enough to read].

Namaste

Jeff

• poppers
    poppers

Reading people's responses to Heartbreaker is one of the reasons I keep coming to this board. You are an amazing group of people! See what I mean, Heartbreaker?

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Welome Heart. It helps to talk about your pain. You are among friends here.

We will not pull you into the back room and ask the personal questions that

elders like to ask. I was an elder at one time and am ashamed of the pain that

I have caused others.

Sour Grapes

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome. I am sure you must have heard of Silent Lambs, worth giving your story to them? Keep strong and slowly find your own direction in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit