California Girl Abducted, Held and Raped for 18+ years by a possible Jehovah's Witness couple?

by skeeter1 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What a really sad story. Anyone wonder if he started that blog in case he were caught, he'd have evidence with which he could claim an insanity defense?

You can see the tents, outhouse, Ford sedan, and other things in this Google Earth view (you need to zoom in). The street view also shows how isolated the tents were from the outside world.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    He was under federal supervision from 1988 until 1999, when California parole agents took over his case. "He had no parole violations," corrections Undersecretary of Operations Scott Kernan said. "He was compliant with his conditions of parole."

I guess kidnapping and sexual assault and statutory rape are not parole violations and are compliant with his conditions of parole? What an idiotic statement!

• willyloman
    willyloman

One of the worst parts of this story, and there are many worst parts, is that he was sentenced to 50 years in jail in 1976. And only served 22 and got out in '88, three years before he kidnapped Jaycee. He should have been in prison until 2026 by which time he'd be 75. None of this had to happen.

• Twitch
    Twitch

What a sick freak. I don't think there is punishment enough for what he did.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That poor girl, she actually bonded with that freakshow and now feels guilty about what's happening

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Mrsjones5,

That is a very common accurance in these situations, in as little as months that can happen, much less years.

• Twitch
    Twitch

mrsjones

A classic example of Stockholm syndrome. Sad, truly sad.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    That is a very common accurance in these situations, in as little as months that can happen, much less years.

Probably very much the same thing happened to the wife (and she will now have to pay almost as much for this crime as the sicko himself).

Wonder if being a JW pre-conditioned her to be tolerant of this kind of living hell? We shall probably never know.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    What a really sad story. Anyone wonder if he started that blog in case he were caught, he'd have evidence with which he could claim an insanity defense?

I wondered the same thing when I found his blog last night.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

What I wonder is, why does God seem to always speak to people with histoty of mental illness or criminals?

His site and blog are nuts,

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit