Do YOU Consider Persons Who Fornicate As Being "Immoral"?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No,not at all..

Sex is normal..

Even the WBT$ is run by F*cking Idiots!!..

.....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It would seem, in a historical context of the word, that fornication is what one does with a prostitute, as such, it would not apply to married, unmarried, to-be-married, single people unless some form of monetary recompense was in order, like diner and a movie...er...oh...never mind then.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Cool!! That means that what is wrong then is not sex, but sex with a hooker! Ohhhh Jehovah in his wisdom!!!

• minimus
    minimus

The perspectives are interesting!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It seems the main issue are sex outside of marriage while being married - adultery and sex with hookers - easy lay, if you have the coin.

Sex seems to be something we have to "work" for no matter what, LOL !

Fornication didn't seem to imply consentual sex between adults.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

If we were to accept the Bible's view

I think there's a rub right there - you have to determine the Bible's view, which is often interpreted in a manner of convenience, or an ignorance of accurate translation.

anyone having sex with someone other than their spouse would be considered "immoral".

Not always, and in certain shocking ways (to us). Lot impregnated two of his daughters.

Do you still accept that point of view?

We'd need to define "morality". I think it is "bad" to bring children into anything but a supportive, loving environment, and children are (surprise!) a potential outcome of some kinds of sex. But that really gets into my opinions on the care of children rather than sex.

Aside from that, I don't attach any negativity to what consenting adults do. Instead, I am more focused on what part sex plays in my life, and examining what is appropriate for myself.

• caliber
    caliber
    It seems the main issue are sex outside of marriage while being married - adultery and sex with hookers

From my point of view it's about commiment.... you could not commit to a person if you're already married &

certainly there is no commitment to a hooker

Fornication didn't seem to imply consensual sex between adults

Because you're both free to commit ... commitment stabilizes the human family arrangement

something we have to "work for "
    that's what responsibility is all about
  • artemis.design
    artemis.design

The Bible has double standards. Look how many women King Solomon had. As such I do not see living with my partner without being married as sinfull. In this day and age, I consider a partner to be spouse. I wish my family would accept that and not keep pressuring me to get married. If we visit we have to stay in a B&B. Such fornicators that we are!

Cheating on a spouse is a very different matter. That is in my opinion immoral. What other people do is up to them.

Arte :)

• minimus
    minimus

Most people don't look at people "living in sin" as immoral, methinks.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Fornication is, in fact, no more an "offense" than test driving a car that you are interested in buying. If both parties agree, I see no problem with it.

Adultery itself is not the big issue. What is an issue is when they go behind your back to cheat, and then lie about it. If it is done in the open, with all parties consenting, adultery is not morally wrong. Notably, I think adultery would be quite rare (except when it is part of one or both parties' job(s)) if it was not for the stagnation ruts that the Establishment has us all in--and the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery is a prime offender in that department.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit