Do YOU Consider Persons Who Fornicate As Being "Immoral"?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I agree with the statements above. What two consenting adults do with each other is their business, as long as no else is involved. If you're married or in some other committed relationship, end it before doing the deed with somebody else.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I agree with the statements above. What two consenting adults do with each other is their business, as long as no else is involved. If you're married or in some other committed relationship, end it before doing the deed with somebody else.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Labeling someone immoral is a judgement call and the bible is very strict on how is the judge of these things: God and Jesus.

Deep down people know what is right and wrong, moral and immoral, though there can be many shades of grey under certain circumstances.

That is why it is best for people to leave the judgment of moral on God and Jesus's plate and focus more on their own faith and good works.

When laws are broken that is one thing, when people's morals are offended, that is another.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I used to do - now I consider that they are doing what is totally natural. Animals have sexual intercourse - vegatables mainly engage in asexual reproduction.

In fact refraining from having sex is actually more unnatural

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Interesting how I look at this today vs. just a few years back.

Immoral/Moral are just societal judgement in my opinion. Religion, culture, government, have all influenced us to have a fixed opinion on this. I am not sure that God has ever weighed in on the subject. Those who accept the Bible don't have an absolutely crystaline view either - many of 'God's approved servants of old' were jumpin' around some. Sometimes it was considered evil, othertimes it wasn't. ALthough in general the Bible says that fornicators are sinners I suppose.

I have sought to purge myself of the heavy judgementalism that I had as a Jw. I do think it is well that people commit and stick to one another - but I have no problem with those who don't bother to make it legal with marriage. I just think committment is healthy for most.

Jeff

• Priest73
    Priest73

Have I mentioned that I'm easy? Ladies?

• IMHO
    IMHO

A lot of you have mentioned "consenting adults".

May I ask; Who decides when one is an adult? Surely an arbitary age set by the government; which is different depending on what country you live, should not be the gauge.

In the UK you can get married (or have sex "legally") at 16 although you can't drive until you're 17 and not drink until you're 18.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I recall Paul had issues with fornicators of prostitutes, something about laying with one defiles the holy body, or something like that.

It must be in Romans ! LOL !

• snowbird
    snowbird

1 Corinthians 6:16-20 There's more to sex than mere skin on skin. Sex is as much spiritual mystery as physical fact. As written in Scripture, "The two become one." Since we want to become spiritually one with the Master, we must not pursue the kind of sex that avoids commitment and intimacy, leaving us more lonely than ever—the kind of sex that can never "become one." There is a sense in which sexual sins are different from all others. In sexual sin we violate the sacredness of our own bodies, these bodies that were made for God-given and God-modeled love, for "becoming one" with another. Or didn't you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body. MSG Sylvia

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Funny position for a gay apostle to have wasn't it?

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit