Do YOU Consider Persons Who Fornicate As Being "Immoral"?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If we were to accept the Bible's view, anyone having sex with someone other than their spouse would be considered "immoral". Do you still accept that point of view?

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Good morning Min,

Are you checking for black and white thinking or looking for those who think in shades of gray?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I wouldn't engage in sexual activity with anyone other than my spouse, but what others do is between them and their Creator.

It took me a while to reach this point.

Sylvia

• blondie
    blondie

Edited: It would be immoral if done without the knowledge or approval of your own spouse. What others do is their business.

• dinah
    dinah

The OT was just property laws, with women being the property. It's bull! I don't think sex is immoral as long as it is between consenting adults.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not talking about if you're already married as much as if you're not married.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Only if they're doing it with someone other than me.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Nope

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Do YOU Consider Persons Who Fornicate As Being "Immoral"?

Only if I can't join in.

Farkel

• aniron
    aniron

If we were to accept the Bible's view, anyone having sex with someone other than their spouse would be considered "immoral". Do you still accept that point of view?

If it isn't "immoral" why do so many do it secretly?

If its a husband or wife I would say yes, because you have given a promise and commitment that there will be no one else.

Unmarried people, living together etc, I don't look on as immoral.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit