If your happy leaving the truth why continue.............

by angel eyes 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Thanks jwdaughter for welcoming me :) Im meeting many nice folks on here.

• carla
    carla

I often anti witness and I have never been a jw and never will. My spouse joined the cult a number of years ago. The changes were profound and definitely not for the better. I warn others so no other family has to go through the sheer hell we did/do. The jw's are in fact a dangerous and deadly cult and what kind of neighbor would I be if I did not warn others? WT literature cleary has stated that it is not persecution to let others know that a relgion is false and the jw relgion is certainly that, false, false prophets.

People tell their story so others may be warned the same as the mothers at MADD do. They mothers who lost a child to a drunk driver do not want anyone to have to go through what they did and to get the word out of the dangers of drunk driving. Those of us who anti witness do so that others may be warned of the evils of the watchtower. The wt is abusive spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally and breaks up families on a daily basis and uses God as an excuse to do it. Why wouldn't you warn others about this?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jesus is quoted at Matthew 10:35 as saying that he "came to cause division". The principle is found 2 verses later:— 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.

Luke 12:51, in like manner, quotes Jesus as saying " Do YOU imagine [that] I came to give peace on the earth? No, indeed, I tell YOU, but rather division".

Hebrews 4:12 quotes Paul as saying that "the word of God is alive and exerts power [i.e. is energetic] and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern [i.e. judge] thoughts and intentions of [the] heart [i.e. mental inclinations].

Proper loyalty requires properly separating ideas and those who hold them.

Leaving the truth of Jehovah is not at issue, leaving the traditions and spirit that falsely claim to be the truth is what it's about, for me. Principled love is required to be shown to all, even false friends.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Spike,

Do you truly believe that?

• carla
    carla

Spike, I see you equate the org with Jesus Christ, doesn't surprise me, though most real jw's equate God and the org not Christ. Maybe you have new light?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah, Jesus, and those with a truly holy spirit always work in agreement. Love believes all things, even if it doesn't understand what they mean. Love just keeps listening and asking and learning what truth means, according to the teller's perspective.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Spike for the life of me, I cant figure out why you think the JWs have the answers to your spiritual journey. Why dont you look into other religions as long as you are on the outside looking in at this one? Once you become a JW...you will no longer be allowed to be like the Bereans and ask and compare and research or you will find yourself on the sidewalk again with your bookbag and your song book tossed out the door behind you.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I'm just looking for a partner to help me study how to have a proper sense of JW teachings so that I can live by them properly, and to help others to do likewise. If I get "tossed out" from anywhere, I wan't it to be because Jesus or Paul would have been tossed in the same circumstances.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Welcome to the forum angel eyes!

The WTS never elaborates on what exactly people that leave disagree with; they actively discourage independent investigation and demonise any alternative views.

I never gave this much thought - was raised a witness and it seemed to me that there was enough "truth" there to keep it all together. Always wondered though, why the WTS was so paranoid about apostates - after all if we have the "truth," it should be able to stand up to anything that opposes throw up against it.

Over 12 months ago I discovered this board, and read some of the opposing views which immediately made sense to me. The more I read here the more aware I became of the legitimate issues the WTS needs to face

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/72358/1/This-Good-News-of-the-Kingdom-is-NOT-Jesus-Gospel

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/169775/1/time3d360-days-7-times3d2520-days-2520-days3d2520-365-day-per-year-years

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/medical/150613/1/WT-SOCIETY-IS-WRONG-ON-BLOOD

It wasn't long before I became aware of Ray Franz and reading his 2 books (Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom) had a profound impact on me. Both can be found purchased in book form or downloadable as PDF's (for privacy) here:

http://www.commentarypress.com/Publication/English.html

He was a Governing Body member of Jehovah's Witnesses for over nine years - a very sincere and humble man as well as a devout Christian today. His insights are simply invaluable for anybody wanting to examine the JW religion in an honest and complete light.

Please continue to keep an open mind and I look forward to more of your posts.

Best wishes

Lukewarm

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Highly recommended reading Lukewarm,add to that list "Sign of the last Days" and The Gentile Times Reconsidered" both by Carl Olaf Johnson, and "Apocalypse Delayed" by James Penton, all on Commentary Press I believe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit