If your happy leaving the truth why continue.............

by angel eyes 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I love that scripture spike in Hebrews 4v12 :)

The bible is wonderful,glad you are staying spiritually focused.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it certainly can be wonderful but I would not recommend The New World Mistranslation, the worst version on the earth

• Damocles
    Damocles

Angel Eyes

I haven't read all the posts and so probably someone else has said what I have to say. Apologies for the possible redundancy.

I have two reasons for visiting the web-site and now and again speaking my piece.

The first has to do with the type of people in it - mostly thoughtful, well-read well-spoken people. It was just that sort of person who drew me to the dubs in the late 60s. I still have oh so fond memories of deep spiritual and intellectual discussions on just about every topic. I haven't found anything like it before or since - even at 'major' universities where I studied science and philosophy. BUT, all those people quit, were kicked out, or just shut up in the years since then. Quite a few of those who quit or were kicked out landed here. So, I find something of a trace of the heady good ole days here.

The second is that I have family members in the religion that will not talk to me ... unless its business. What a crock! If you won't talk to me otherwise why do you think I would talk business with you? Business dealings with a witness....not if my life depended on it. Burned once, not twice.

Anyway, although I am content in having made the decision to leave, knowing I would lose friends and family, that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. It also means that one of the only ways I have of even remotely staying a bit connected to the ones I love, is to see whats happening in their world by way of this website.

Damocles

• mouthy
    mouthy

well said Demo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit