Lawrence Hughes will not give up!

by Dogpatch 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I've been following this one. I applaud Lawrence for not giving up!

Good points!

70. Gnam and Brady were not only in a situation where their personal interest in maintaining their livelihood was in potential conflict with Bethany’s interests. They were also in a situation where the duty of loyalty that they owed to Bethany as a client was in a potential conflict with the duty of loyalty that they owed to their primary client, the Watch Tower Society. Potential conflicts between the duties that a lawyer owes to different clients are as problematic and serious as conflicts between a lawyer’s self-interest and duties owed to his or her clients. As Remus Valsan and Lionel Smith explain, a lawyer’s client “should not be in a position where there is an appearance or a risk that his or her fiduciary advisor is or may not be acting in what the advisor thinks are the best interests of the client. From the client’s perspective, that risk is unacceptable whether it arises from the interests of the lawyer, or the interests of another client of the lawyer” [Emphasis added.].

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

"Best 29 pages ever" - As I read those 29 pages, my thoughts were: Glenn How must be turning over in his grave. Like Barbara says, this has the potential of terminating some careers. Not pretty. WT's legal dept must be humming.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Hope you succeed Lawrence. The blood issue was one of the greatest mistakes the WTS ever made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit