Lawrence Hughes will not give up!

by Dogpatch 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Lawrence Hughes is one tough cookie. He won't let the death of his daughter Bethany over the blood transfusion issue be forgotten, least of all in the courts. Go, Lawrence! He says,

Hi Randy,
    Attached is a copy of my application filed today at the Supreme Court of Canada.

Just so you know, the Alberta Court of Appeal did decide that I can proceed to Trial against the Watchtower Society concerning the consent issue. The Court of Appeal said I could not proceed on the " Conflict of Interest" issue, and that is what I am appealing.

Lawrence

Link to PDF page

Below is the application. The first email was the letter filed.

DOC File

• JHK
    JHK

Thanks, Dogpatch! Very interesting new.

• besty
    besty

keep up the fight Lawrence

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I read the paperwork filed by Lawrence Hughes and I'd hate to be in the shoes of WT attorneys, Brady and Guam. This "Conflict of Interest" issue is so extraordinary that a decision rendered by the Supreme Court of Canada in Lawrence's behalf allowing him to proceed to trial against the WT of Canada over this question could very well pave the way for both attorneys eventually to lose their licenses to practice law. I also was so relieved that Lawrence has found counsel to represent him before the court.

Lawrence, we're so hopeful that you will prevail and see justice done for yourself and in behalf of your daughter, Bethany. We'll be anxiously awaiting the High Court's decision. Please keep us posted as to the future disposition of this filing.

Barbara

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It would scare Lawyers away from working for the WBT$..

Good!!..

.......................OUTLAW

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Truely an inspiration! Good job Lawrence.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

It's a shame next to no intrest here about this case. it's an important case. Mr. Hughes has balls of steel. If he wins , all you will jump on the band wagon, after the fact.

• nelly136
    nelly136

Laurence has been fighting these for years now, he just keeps going and going. I really hope he gets a decent result, and brilliant he's found some counsel. fingers n toes crossed for him.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Excellent. Best 29 pages ever against the Watchtower Society. The sly antics the WTS attorneys did to Bethany are exposed. Really lays it all out.

I think the Canadian Supreme Court will likely accept this case to be heard. Given the last case the Canadian Supreme Court (dealing with a JW child minor who needed blood transfusions) ended in a big defeat to the Watchtower Society. There, 4 of the 7 Justices explained their reasoning with particularity that the child was under a coercive environment.

Watchtower MUST lift its shunning policies on blood; and it will be a reaction to these cases.

Skeeter

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Lawrence Hughes deserves a standing ovation for fighting this ridiculess and immoral blood issue, thankfully the courts

are starting to see the wrongful coercive tactics used by the WTS. to pursue people to not take medical blood transfusion in

a life or death situation, ever more so with children who have not matured to adulthood.

That picture that was used by the WTS. on the cover of that one Awake magazine of children supposedly

making the right choice of not receiving a blood transfusion and dieing , goes to shows the putrid arrogance

and lack of responsible care that the WTS. has for its members.......well I guess their just lowly slaves, so why be concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit