Huge development concerning Watchtower.org and "apostate" comments.

by DT 48 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

Wouldn't you love to comment on the Watchtower.org site so that other visitors can see what you think about their doctrinal flip flops, false prophecies and dangerous medical practices?

It's no surprise that Watchtower.org doesn't allow comments. They know that "apostates" would point out the embarrassing details about their religion and history. However, the Watchtower Society can't prevent the increasing democratization of information that the Internet provides.

Now technology makes it possible for disgruntled former members, that the Watchtower Society tries to silence by shunning, to have a voice on the official Watchtower websites. Apostates can now use the official websites as a forum for their concerns and grievances. We can turn their websites of propaganda against them.

This is possible because of a new piece of software called Kutano http://www.kutano.com/

Kutano displays a small sidebar next to the pages you visit where you can see what others have said about that page. These comments come from Twitter and also comments and discussions that are started by people when viewing that page.

Websites can no longer hide from critical comments and complaints by simply turning off comments or deleting the ones they don't like. This has huge implications for organizations like the Watchtower Society.

This software is new, but think of the possibilities. If a sizable percentage of the population adopts this kind of technology, then the Watchtower Society will have no place to hide on the Internet. They will find it even more difficult to silence the millions who have been harmed by their organization. Their official sites, and other apologist sites, could easily become an embarrassment to them.

Have you used this software? I just started and am impressed so far. There aren't many comments yet on the official Websites, but I'm sure that will change.

I discussed this possibility on another thread a little over a year ago.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/155178/1/The-Future-of-the-Watchtower-Society-and-the-Internet

I thought it would take longer than that for this technology to become available. Are you as excited about this as I am?

• reniaa
    reniaa

The funny thing is as a JW I was sceptical of the whole apostate thing I really thought it was just disgruntled ex-Jws. but on these forums (I have visited a few now) they have proved the Jw's correct, the whole apostate agenda is so agressive and active.

The apostates are a predicted thing biblically, so go do what you have to do!

John 13:21-29 (New International Version)

21 After he had said this, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified, "I tell you the truth, one of you is going to betray me."

22 His disciples stared at one another, at a loss to know which of them he meant. 23 One of them, the disciple whom Jesus loved, was reclining next to him. 24 Simon Peter motioned to this disciple and said, "Ask him which one he means."

25 Leaning back against Jesus, he asked him, "Lord, who is it?"

26 Jesus answered, "It is the one to whom I will give this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish." Then, dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, son of Simon. 27 As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him.

"What you are about to do, do quickly," Jesus told him, 28 but no one at the meal understood why Jesus said this to him. 29 Since Judas had charge of the money, some thought Jesus was telling him to buy what was needed for the Feast, or to give something to the poor.

Reniaa

• besty
    besty

mass adoption is the key

the 'average' JW is older, blue collar and female :-)

but yes - transparency and trust will becoming increasingly problematic for all high control groups

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

the whole apostate agenda is so agressive and active.

yeah, hmmmmmmm, as agressive as knocking on peoples doors to spread the word!!!

• DT
    DT

Welcome to my thread Reniaa! You apparently disagree with my post. That's fine. You've said your peace and your voice will be heard. Feels good, doesn't it? I'm glad that I and others can now have the same privilege at Watchtower.org. We won't be silenced by the Watchtower Society or their silly shunning policy.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Reniaa...are you likening Judas' betrayal of Jesus to an individual leaving the WT and then expressing his opinions about it, no matter how aggressive or distasteful they may seem to you?? If that is the case, it smacks of blasphemy!...you are putting the WTS on the same level as Jesus! Isn't that a bit presumptive? I have seen the trend towards the elevation of the WTS to replace Jesus as mediator, but this is the first comment I have seen from you or other apologists that would suggest they share equality with Jesus...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Reniaa,

Why are apostates so aggressive and active? What is the source of their complaints? That is the important thing. Erasing the symptoms doesn't erase the disease that causes the symptoms. Complaints and hurt feelings are symptoms of a much worse problem that no matter how much you try to cover up the symptoms, the disease persists. WTS provides the disease and the X-members exhibit the symptoms. First, you must find a cure for the disease before the symptoms will go away. Think of it this way: Taking an asperine for a headache (shutting up apostate complaints) caused by a brain tumor (harmful WTS policies) will not solve anything. Until the WTS changes it's inhumane policies, apostates voices will increase and continue to be heard. There really will be no stopping it.

White Dove

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi dt

Sorry to invade your thread further but I want to clarify my scripture was to highlight the betrayal similarity and that it is a biblically predicted thing so they can only do what they must do as apostates and absolutely not making any statement of equality to jesus.

Reniaa

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Reniaa,

I appreciate your clarification, but I am still VERY surprised that you used that scripture. Even if you are using an analogy, the suggestion is still that the betrayal and apostasy by Judas is similar to the act of leaving the WTS...I would argue that I am not "apostate" in regards to my belief in the Gospel and the Bible, but rather I don't agree with the WTS interpretation of it. I hardly feel that I "sold out for thirty pieces of silver"...unless of course, exercising critical thinking is "selling out".

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hey, when someone is wrong, they are wrong, and I will no longer support them. It is by no means a betrayal to leave such one.

I would love to get that technology and be able to comment on their website. Blondie's WT comments and others' responses to it on the WT website would be the first thing I'd read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit