It's WT leaders, not elders, who are responsible for all the harm. My Geneva, Switz. lecture posted here for new ones & Sola Scriptura to read

by AndersonsInfo 77 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Thank you, Jehovah God, for blessing us with the fine example of Sola Scriptura's elevated style of debate and reproof (Post 22). None of us are without fault, and should be always reproved according to the spirit of Your holiness. It is a challenging task that You give us: to be perfect (Matthew 5:43-48), but we MUST be about Your business, even on JWN. Let us all accept ALL discipline we see and hear, and thus BE the blessing that You want us to be. We, as INDIVIDUALS, all have our part in RESPONSIBILITY for matters PLAYING OUT as they do, which accounts for even my comment here.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That was not necessary Spike, bad form

• metatron
    metatron

It's great to observe morally obtuse defenders of the Watchtower Cult in this thread. As I predicted, they can't bear the thought that their precious organizational "idol" has done anything really wrong. Merely a problem with details....

....just a few molested kids here and there. No big deal.

metatron

• Sola Scriptura
    Sola Scriptura

To Spike Tassel:

Hi Spike!

I say this respectfully to you: (Please don't be offended)

Please refrain from giving me any sort of "public praise" as if this is a Football game of US vs Them. I appreciate Respect but I hate Praise.

I really want this thread to stay focused, and not Derail, out of respect for Barbara (as well others on here who have been actually "Hurt" by the JW world.)

I not here to score a touch down for "Team JW".

I'm here to Defend & Learn "Truth". No one on this planet has ALL of the answers.

Philippians 4:5(The Message)

Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them.

Philippians 4:5 (New Living Translation)

Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do.

Philippians 4:5-7 (Amplified Bible)

Let all men know and perceive and recognize your unselfishness (your considerateness, your forbearing spirit).

Agape,
    ---
    Sola Scriptura

"Accept truth wherever you find it, no matter what it contradicts." - Charles T. Russell
    Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence. pp. 8-9 July 1879

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I have much to learn. Still, all praise from me went/ goes to Jehovah God, my respect went/ goes to Sola Scriptura and other respectful posters as WELL as Jehovah God.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

You said, "Isn’t it a shame that some victims do not resist the bribes that the Wts are offering?, and pursue them legally, through the courts, showing the world what is really going on."

Now THAT - sorry to say, KAYTEE - is a very upsetting question or point. As a father of a child who WAS molested, I have personal experience of how extremely hard the years from the molestation took place till the days in court were - and how 10 times harder than that again it was to appear in court an relive it all once again. The toughest experience you could ever imagine for a young girl, and for her family - and to have to receive questions from the defence trying to undermine all of what you are saying, trying to pick it apart piece by piece.

I tell you, that I 100 % understand why some choose not to relive the terror and choose to accept what you in your utter stupidity describe as "bribes". Accepting a settlement gives you the inner confidence that you are being BELIEVED and that you at least get some compansation, although the "joy" of seeing the molestor jailed. And you have no 100 % security of winning the trial, so a "bribe" of some 100,000 of $ is VERY good money to get.

Shame on you, shame on you!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I find it interesting that WT defenders quote scripture when discussing the handling of child rape.

In defense of the WT policy that has allowed child rapists and abusers to move from one place to another, and the silencing of victims.

It is really simple:

Child sexual abuse is a crime

Elders are not qualified to investigate

The whole issue would go away if the official, written policy was that any allegation of child sexual abuse be taken to the police, and any congregational action take place AFTER THE COURTS are done.

WHY won't they do this?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah's desire for human repentance is a higher scriptural priority than the man's "justice systems" which work against repentance. So, both the preaching/teaching and theocratic disciplining continue on apace.

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks to the Andersons for their continued hard work...

Sola, I hope you're sincere in your search for and defense of "truth". If you were to realize that the "truth" you thought was wasn't, would you admit your error and continue to search for truth in other areas?

If so, you may be closer to a crisis of conscience than you realize.

Good luck to you on your search for real truth. I hope you find it.

• awaretoday
    awaretoday

This is ecellent information to have since the beginning of the WTS hidding this crime against little ones. Thanks for keeping this chronology of events so vivid in your mind and I am sure tangible records for our benefit. The truth shall set us all free but more importantly so all the victims living in shame and fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit