Why are people so offended by this?

by desib77 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Desi- if you are interested in researching more about Deism- here is a more 'postive' place to start- http://www.naturesgod.org/religion.html

• watson
    watson

I believe there might be a "god/source/creator" of some sort. Just don't think it can do everything that it's followers day it can.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Do you guys remember the end of Men in Black?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

People get themselves into all sorts of fixes. Most of the time they learn more from solving the fixes themselves. God knows when the most people will benefit from intervention. He knows if intervening will change humankind's destiny too severely. We all see death as some horrid thing to dread. But honestly, I've read books about NDE's and Death Bed Visions that tell us eartly life is the worst life to live right now.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Des,

I believe exactly the way you do, Since coming out of the wts I look at things quite differently.

We are told to pray, but many in those danger zones do just that, but are still killed by the thousands.

A person is pulled out of an earthquake collapse after many days trapped under tons of rubble many thank God for his escape, but two feet away a child is killed?.

This person, if he believes it to be Gods helping hand, while he thanks God for his release has to ask, is God partial.

But to me there are two ways to see this, he IS partial, or he has stepped out. . ( I don’t think for one moment he is partial )

Having said all that I believe very strongly that there is a God, to me has stepped to one side from mankind, probably because of mans imperfections, man abandoning him at the beginning.

Surely there is a conflict of good and evil in the world

I believe very strongly that God will sort out all these things at some future day.

KT

• desib77
    desib77

Renaii

You say that but he doesn't. If that is true then he doesn't save all of us....he doesn't protect all of us and I can't accept that.

• desib77
    desib77

Thanks Lillith..

• desib77
    desib77

Kaytee......

Wow, you have really summed up how I feel about things. I've been thinking about it for a very long time and never could understand why I would be worthy of a home and a family while someone else is living in a box on the street. I'm no better than anyone and a God who can read my heart knows that. Once I came to the conclusion that he isn't actively involved in anyone's lives I actually had a sense of peace. To me that is so much better than a partial God. I am just glad to know that other people feel this way. I live in the deep south and definitely the bible belt where free thinking is ridiculed.

The only thing I still wonder a lot about is the existence of paranormal or unexplained things. While I don't really believe that there are demons messing with us I still know there are things that are unexplainable. I have to wonder where that fits in.

lol, on a side note....... everytime I try to type Deism I end up typing Desism.... lol, maybe I'm more worthy than I know... :) ha....

• 504deist
    504deist

The only thing I still wonder a lot about is the existence of paranormal or unexplained things. While I don't really believe that there are demons messing with us I still know there are things that are unexplainable. I have to wonder where that fits in.

i had the same issue. i was talking to my friend, and i said, if it's proven that ghosts excist, that would mean there is an afterlife. he made a good point. he told me that the supernatural if it is true, does not mean there is an afterlife or a god. unexplainable things happen all the time. who knows what makes things go bump in the night.

the good thing about deism, is, you don't have to burden yourself trying to explain the unknown.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    The only thing I still wonder a lot about is the existence of paranormal or unexplained things.

Unexplained things do happen all the time. Sometimes there is just not enough information to know exactly what happened. What I don't get is how someone suddenly makes a leap from "unexplained" to "it must be ghosts" (or other supernatural phenomenon). I thought we just established it was unexplainable? Where is the evidence for this supernatural cause?

It is interesting to note that there has not been a single objective, verifiable case of anything that was proven supernatural in origin. Unexplainable things are often explainable by completely natural processes later when more information is gathered. Or they remain forever unexplained. We human beings must fight the desire to 'explain' the unexplainable by making up something about it. That's what we've done throughout all our history. And IMO that is one reason we believe in God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit