isaacaustin's claim regarding "the Creator's promise"

by Spike Tassel 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vinny
    Vinny

This is why we want JW's posting here on the JWN.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

For the entertainment value.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mastodon,

I would say watching spike and his cohort is comedy at its finest.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Psac: "......when they decide to interpret scripture beyond it's meaning and/or out of context...."

My issue with this whole thing is: What is their motive for doing this? If they are overly excited about when the end will be and jumped the gun on the prediction, then admit it. And don't tell everybody that you speak exclusively for God. The other motive: fear-mongering and sucking as many people ( $$$) in as possible.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Spike: The word usage found in the NWT and other WT publications requires an understanding and respect of the perspective of its authors, publishers, and adherents.

Good writing does not require external knowledge to understand its meaning. Good writing is precise, clear, and means what it says.

Either the passage means what it says, or its writers were incompetent.

Which is it, Spike?

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I would say watching spike and his cohort is comedy at its finest.

Indeed, kinda like a Pauly Shore movie... lame, pathetic comedy but you can't stop watching, somehow it entertains us.

Their posts are like roadkill up ahead. You know you're going to be grossed out if you look, but you look anyway and then you're sorry you did.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why it is to Write Well

• It may be the only form of communication between two or more people.
    • Unclear writing may lead to misunderstanding by the reader.
    • Unclear writing reflects negatively on the writer and sometimes reflects foggy thinking.
    • Being able to write clearly strengthens the writer's self-esteem.

• Writing is a transaction between the writer and the reader, with the primary obligation for conveying the message accurately and understandably being on the writer.
    • The spoken language is looser than the written language, as facial expression, gestures, pointing, etc. cannot be included in the written document.
    • Whatever the message, it can be transmitted to the reader via the written word, though much effort is required if complicated messages are conveyed clearly.
    • We seldom recognize how poorly we write, because we know what we intended to say and are likely to mistakenly believe that our written passage actually communicates that message.
    • A clear sentence is no accident, as so many little things can lead to misinterpretation.
    • Almost always, with more time and effort we could improve our writing, often---though not always---by reduction in wording.
    • Writing is a craft that can be improved, principally by observing carefully others' writing and by practicing one’s own writing.
    • http://www.uab.edu/uasomume/cdm/write.htm "Either the passage means what it says, or its writers were incompetent." According to the above I would say incompetent.
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Palmtree,

I have no idea what is behind the motives of the GB and I doubt that anyone does outside of them, from my correspondence with Ray Franz ( very limited but always excellent) I gather that they do believe they are in the right, the believe in what they are doing.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yes, but Psac...in C of C Ray details in a chapter on "this generation" how the many on the GB had doubts of the legitamcy of 1914, yet a few months ater continued to push it and df those who disagreed as apostates- for the sake of unity!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit