isaacaustin's claim regarding "the Creator's promise"

by Spike Tassel 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Aren't the Awake!'s and all wt literature teaching aids? what you said above makes no sense Spike. Are you saying we can't read the awakes & wt's without the aid of a jw being present now? We can't read the bible without the aid of the wt, and we can't rely on what the wt says in it's own publications as being an honest portrayal of their doctrines?

Ask any average person to read the pre Nov 95 masthead and they will say that it reads as the jw's are saying that is God's promise! that the generation of 1914 will NOT pass away. They are not claiming that promise for themselves, it is clearly God's promise!! Clearly they are false prophets.

If you help to propagate the jw doctrines you too are guilty of false prophecy. There will be no easy out and blame it on the gb because they told you to do something, you will be responsible for spreading false prophecies because you did not make sure of all things.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The word usage found in the NWT and other WT publications requires an understanding and respect of the perspective of its authors, publishers, and adherents. Characterisations such as "cult leaders" and "charlatans" do not appear to indicate such human empathy, in my honest opinion.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

"Making sure of all things" surely is not meant, or possible for any of Jehovah's creation, in any absolute sense. Context and one's perspective at the moment determine what to prioritise and what to give credence to. Just because I hear certain "mistakes" made from time to time by any individual, doesn't mean that others notice the same mistakes as I do. We ALL stumble many times, so we must be very careful to not wrongly impute motives, otherwise that wrong imputation would tar US to the more careful, balanced observer. The perfection I expect is in accord with Matthew 5:43-48 regarding even-handedness in my dealings with all, and NOT in regards to finding some one or some group as being absolutely free from the need to improve. If we had no need to ever improve, would life ever be worth living? I think NOT. If we never had need to improve, we would have nothing to learn. Even Jehovah learns as we each make our choices, one way and another.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I see that October 22 (1995) issue of Awake!'s "before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away" is repaced by November 8 (1995) issue of Awake!'s "that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things".

In one sense, "the generation that saw the events of 1914" will never completely pass away. This is in line with the thought that Jehovah is a God of the living: of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Though dead and NOT in heaven, these 3 men (and many others) are alive to Jehovah, being in his memory, so as to resurrect them. In like manner, some that saw 1914 have already been raised to heavenly life, and others are yet in Jehovah's memory. So, in this way the "former truth" is still correct, and NOT a false prophecy.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike,

The Wt has made it a false prophecy. The spoke it had to happened before that generation ran out, as per the Creator's promise. It didn't happen. The WT admits that was wrong. False prophecy, case closed (except to your little mind).

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Keep it up Spike, you're doing great.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Black Sheep,

Thanks for the enlarged picture.

So, it seems that the WT went from saying that God's promise that there would be a peaceful and secure world before the Generation that SAW the events of 1914 passed away, was replaced by a (NEW?) promise from God that eliminates a predisposed time limit.

According to the WT, God changed his promise from one with a time frame ( Before the passage of the 1914 Generation that SAW the events of 1914) to one with NO TIME frame, but the same end - a peaceful and secure world.

I think it is dishonest to say/insinuate a change in God's promise based on a "refinement" of one groups doctrine.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yeah, I guess you could throw in spike that the antitypical 1914 generation is still here now, and in 50 yrs...and so on and so on.....typical JW defenders.... LOL

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike, You may want to read Raymond Franz first-hand account while on the GB as to the genuineness of the beleifs of those on the GB at the time this WT prophecy was being aggressively pushed. I know you will not read it, but it would be informative to any who did.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Psac, the GB pushed this teaching for decades. They conitnually along the way talked about the length of a generation. This gernation originally did not include those born in 1914, it included those old enough in 1914 to understand events as they happened, the WT naming 15 as that age. Length of generation started out as 30 or 40 years I think but as the clock ticked away it expanded to 80, the maximum. Then as the clock ticked away further the age group began to include people who saw the events of 1914 and remembered them, not necessarily understanding it, thus 12 years olds they suggested. Finally they began to include simply those born in 1914 to buy more time. Then in 11/95, as their prophecy failed, they redefined 'this generation' to mean those who observe the signs of Christ's presence and fail to mend their ways, which (according to them) began in 1914. So this basically rendered the verse meaningless which says 'this generation will by no means pass away until all things occur'. This now didn't matter if you were born in 1925, 1965 or 1991...you observed Christ's presence. No longer was there any time constraint. Then, 1/09 they changed it to mean the annointed....

So it went from being a phycial generation to the wicked to Jehovah's elect. Sound like refinement or incompetent false prophets who have no business in the area of Biblical interpretation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit