isaacaustin's claim regarding "the Creator's promise"

by Spike Tassel 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

isaacaustin: Spike, you said Jehovah defines false prophets...the reasoning book is man's writing.

I am well aware of the reasoning books weak attempt to deny their being a false prophets....such as 'never did they say these are the words of Jehovah". Guess what? They did say that, in calling their 1914 generation prophecy 'the Creator's promise"

Spike Tassel: Alright, Isaac, since you boast about this, here's your chance to give the "canned presentation" you must have regarding this "false prophecy".

• snowbird
    snowbird

Keep up, Spike. You're lagging.

Sylvia

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

For background, see this Newsweek article:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/104359

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

spike looks like someone has posted the source document.

What other proof is needed?

Looks like you put your foot in your mouth again boy.

Final word on this- the WT in 11/95 changed this teaching, one spoken in God's name for an event to happen within a certain time constraints...false prophets indeed

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

He probably won't answer. How do you tone down a false prophecy like that?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You don't. You can't. The seasoned JW will try to say it was misinterpretation, a change in understanding.

Does't really matter why one prophecies falsely, either you are one or you are not.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Can't make out the words...

• Black Sheep
  • Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

teaching and understanding are NOT the same as prophecy, otherwise we'd ALL be in deep trouble, each and every last one of us.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You are very much like my mother, Spike.

She has a perfect understanding of English grammar when I make a mistake, but throws all of the rules in the trash whenever the grammar of the Bible, or the Watchtower, makes her & her cult leaders look like the charlatans they are.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit