Talk illustrations that need to be retired

by JimmyPage 21 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ooo, that is a good one, Outlaw!

• White Dove
    White Dove

How about people being shepharded like sheep? So, who shephards the shephards? Hmm? What makes them so doggamned special and different compared to the "sheep?"

Or, God's table is groaning with wholesome spiritual food, but Satan's table is overrun by...what was it again? Crap or something. My stomach would always start growling for food while imagining the "feast of Jehovah." I imagined a huge Thanksgiving spread with WT paradise picnic fruit weighing it down.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

There's the one about the man who works on the railways who takes his son to work one day and turns to see him playing on the track. An oncoming passenger train will hit him unless his father throws the line to the other track but there is a heavy goods train coming down the other track and all the people one the passenger train will die. This is supposed to illustrate Jesus sacrifice.

The one with the man who tries to shoot himself in the head because he has a brain tumour and is going to die but he just manages to shoot the tumour clean out and survives. This apparently illustrates the dangers of college or some such tripe.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I HATED that train illustration. In all honesty, I think I'd save my kid. Sorry folks.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

People outside the WBT$ are rats to be destoyed at armagedon..

The children of those rats are just smaller rats that will grow into big rats..

They need to die too..

.....................OUTLAW

• willyloman
    willyloman

No one's mentioned the one about rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...

• Lieu
    Lieu

No one's mentioned the one about rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...

.... and "tacking".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you lie down with dogs, you should expect to get fleas.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Strange. In my 14 years as a dub, I never heard any of those illustrations. Maybe it was because our CO had a sweet tooth. He was always talking about what happens if you put too much sugar in a cake or not enough fruit in a pie. Should have put me off sweets, but unfortunately not.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I always used to cringe during wedding talks/ council for husbands, about when it was a woman's "time of the month" and to be considerate to her feelings!

My wife is always horniest during that time. So what does that imply for my being considerate of her feelings?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit