Talk illustrations that need to be retired

by JimmyPage 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My dad used this one alot: it compared raising a child to holding a spring. If you let go too soon the spring will fly off in an uncontrolled direction. If you hold it too long you will wear your hand out and the spring will be no good. But if you let it go slowly and gradually it will stand up on its own.

What over-used illustrations do you think should be retired?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

If your doctor tells you to abstain from alcohol you wouldn't hook up an iv and inject it directly into your veins; blood is the same.

A more fitting illustration: If your doctor told you to abstain from meat, would you then avoid getting a kidney transplant?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I always used to cringe during wedding talks/ council for husbands, about when it was a woman's "time of the month" and to be considerate to her feelings!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Any illustration that portrays the sisters as searching for the perfect cake recipe or sewing a dress.

Any illustration that protrays the brothers as fixing something on the car, or building something.

It's not 1950 anymore. Some men cook, and I can fix my own ball joints.

• Farkel
    Farkel

How about the comparison between animal parents whacking their young when they act up as being Jehovah's "example" parents should use when their own children act up?

Maybe a human mother should also lick herself and her baby clean after she delivers the baby? What idiocy.

Farkel

• White Dove
    White Dove

That illustration of animals beating their young into submission as being an example for humans just made fornicating like alley cats a-okay

• White Dove
    White Dove

That one illustration about a person looking worldly by the way he dresses so that Jehovah can't tell him apart from other worldly people at Armageddon.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good god the "spring" illustration - how many times have I heard that!!!! What about the three thread cord making up a marriage

• White Dove
    White Dove

The boy who cried wolf is over used, as well.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Marrying a Non JW is like marrying a corpse..

They should keep that one..

It will keep a Non-JW mate from ever attending a meeting again..

..............LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit