Talk illustrations that need to be retired

by JimmyPage 21 Replies latest jw friends

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

Im not a witness but all my family are. At my siters wedding during the talk they were talking about my sister being a weaker vessil. He actually put 2 glasses on the podium. He compared the wine glass to my sister and the beer jug to her now hubby. There was also an illustration about the hubby being the pilot and her being the co-pilot.

It was all going the way of the woman being submissive, obedient ect.

My sister has taken a 5 year engineering apprentiship and earns more than twice her hubby. She is more than capable of taking care of herself, and probably taking care of hubby. SHe is a lot more mature (as you would expect 19 year olds) and I imagine is the one dragging him off to meetings.

During the reception and more than a couple of glasses of wine, I made sure the speaker of the talk was aware of that fact. I also mentioned that I had been with my boyfriend for more than 3 years and have never had an arguement, even though we did not have the 3rd cord (yes that awful one was given too).

Ups, Arte :)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What about the dented loaf pan? That makes no sense, since a loaf of bread is not going to be used to create a new pan for another generation of loaves--besides, someone could just as easily pull out the dent from the loaf pan.

I also heard too much about worldly people being compared with poison (or dog pee). This was used to describe what happens if you mix water with a little dog pee or poison, and dog pee or poison with a little water. The water does not clean the poison or dog pee, but the poison or dog pee does pollute the water--hence, it is with worldly people. They pollute one's spiritual condition in the same way if one associates at all with them. That illustration, and any variation, has to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit