Smurfs????????

by cantleave 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've never understood or believed the fear of demonic smurfs. I thought it was just an annoying cartoon show.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

My daughter, now 28, loved the Smurfs when she was 2-4 yrs old, that would be early/mid 80's. My sister told me about the Smurfs, she had heard it from an elder's wife, so it had to be true. I went to am elder in my KH, becaused I was concerned. Thank goodness, he had enough since about him to say, "If it's not printed in a Watchtower or Awake, it's just a story." That comment helped releave some of the concern, but I still always wondered, what if?

lisa

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I watched that video: Hee!!!

In the comments section below the video someone wrote:

"I was a Jehovah's Witness for 10yrs (as a willing adult) and I was in the same congregation? as was the child who saw the smurfs. Can't remember his name, but his parents are Tawnya and Carl. I also saw things as a child, but those things didn't get passed around the world. Guess I needed a different audience. I am SO glad I've outgrown my psychological needs of being a JW. "

Hmmm....

Wonder if that kid is still a Witness? If "demons" can get in Kingdom Halls, doesn't speak to well of their spiritual protection now, does it?

CG

• brinjen
    brinjen
    If "demons" can get in Kingdom Halls, doesn't speak to well of their spiritual protection now, does it?

That's the part that didn't make sense to me when I first heard it either. Didn't demonz supposedly "tremble" at Jehovah's name? Why didn't the smurf doll burst into flames before it was taken into the hall?

• Marlene
    Marlene

Why didn't the smurf doll burst into flames before it was taken into the hall?

No joke! We could've all rejoiced over the carcass of little stuffed animal before hearing a cheery talk on armageddon.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Watchtower cannot stand the happy smurf village. Their mission is to eradicate the word "happy" from all dictionaries.

Here is cover from the latest WT smurf edition, "Snooze!"

It's Smurf Armageddon!

• Lieu
    Lieu

Haaaaaa! I remember hearing the smurf silliness around 1984.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I haven't checked the link posted yet to know if this is mentioned, but I remember hearing also how one family took one out to burn it and the doll wouldn't burn and it got up and walked out of the burning barrel. Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You can imagine how scared and yet interested I was when my mom took all our smurf items, even stickers out to the burning barrell and set them on fire. Mine didn't jump out. But I sure looked like a crazy person as I explained to the kids at school why I couldn't watch them on T.V. or take that cute sticker they were trying to share with me. I'll never forget that look my friend gave me as I told her that story at school! I laugh now. I should ask her if she remembers that! LOL! We were in 5th grade at the time.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is a very smurfy thread.

• yknot
    yknot

Ahhhh goodtimes...... somewhere in storage is a bootleg saturday morning copy of several episodes we managed to save from the burn barrel!

Seems like we just had lots of things to burn......in the 80's!.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit