Smurfs????????

by cantleave 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

Every now and then I come across comical references to smurfs in posts on this site, I have been in the org all my life and never heard of any demonisation of Father Abraham's little blue imaginary friends, even when they they hit the UK top ten singles chart. Can someone enlighten me of what was said, where and when? Maybe I missed it because I was more concerned about Kiss using an Ouija board in plane or Axel Rose being anagram of Oral Sex!!!!

• mrsjones5
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

This was pretty early, and those of us who remember it are showing our age...

There was an unsubstantiated rumor that made its way through countless congregations in the US. I remember my best friend (whose parents were both Pioneers (tm) by the way) telling me this amazing story lo those many years ago, and I was incredulous even then (hooray!)

The tale was that some child brought a Smurf doll into the Kingdom Hall, and was somehow so disturbed by talks and prayers that it sprang to life and ran out of the Kingdom Hall doors!

Yep. That's it.

I do not believe this was ever in any literature, correct me if I am wrong. This is just a JW urban legend, pure and simple. Amazing how many of us heard it from all parts of the continent, though.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Mrsjones5 - LMAO - Thanks for the link. That is one of best possessed stories I have ever heard.

• Marlene
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Marlene I'm going to make that my avatar, once I've worked out how

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

I heard the smurf being posessed and running out of a convention. That must have been the Canadian version? Close enough to the assembly hall one. I heard it about 15-20 years ago. It's a classic now I guess!

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

ROFLOL!! *gasp for air* mrsjones, that was the most hilarious thread ever!

• Jadeen
    Jadeen
    http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeI D=c9537f1d10af10c3b296006019560084

Ok, now let's see if the link works...

Yay! Smurfs combined with the movie Seven- good stuff!

• LuciousVBogeymanProd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit