DNCall Unmasked - Part 4 of 5

by DNCall 48 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

great great story.. thanks a lot for putting it out here. I will be looking forward to part 5!

• whoknows
    whoknows

Quandry - I think we can really relate to each other. I loved the social part (perhaps the most) of the whole thing and to go from 90 MPH to a dead stop in a matter of weeks was quite a shock to me. It helps to understand that the cong we chose to be in had many (believe it or not) intelligent, funny, loving and tolerant people and those were our closest friends. We were having a blast there for a while. It is very difficult, if not impossible to replace these friendships of 40 years, but we are reconnecting to some who had the good sense to leave before we did and it helps ALOT. Also, as you say, more time for the beautiful aspects of life. If we are ever in Texas, we are showing up on your porch (you must have one - I don't), and the same extended to you - Santa Monica is a nice place to visit.

Love

Barbara

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

"I indicated that we would not appeal the decision."

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

thank u for the stories ...

X Elder X Bethelite

• etna
    etna

Thanks for your story and am looking forward to part 5

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, this is like a good return visit. He left us wanting to hear more.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If there was ever an elder that gave me a fair shake, it is Frank. I was in a very, very, bad spot when I came to Bay congregation. Frank knew me because he studied with someone in the 80's who came in, and that brother studied with me. I strongly feel that if I had studied in Bay I would still be a musician. Frank dealt with me with complete compassion and scriptual fairness. Under his shepherding I truly felt a part of something. A true Chrsitian in the greatest sense.

I was overwhelmed with joy when Barbara posted here, and Dagney and I figured out who they are. Her posting details were enough for us to figure it out.

I'm hoping Frank puts this all in book form. With his experiance and first hand knowledge of how things work at Bethel, a book from him could rival COC.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Very interesting story. I'm glad you and your wife were able to escape the Watchtower. It takes time to adjust but the both of you will do fine.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Only saw this today. Am finding your story fascinating. Can't wait to hear the next part. Thanks so much for putting your story here. I also agree that this has the makings of a good book. I thought this from the outset when reading part one. Obviously we are getting the trimmed down version but it seems that everyone is eagerly consuming what you are writing, and there is probably so much more to tell. Thanks again.

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks very much Frank (and thanks for being so frank!) Your story is fascinating & interesting. Can't help but see a few parallels between you & Ray Franz. Looking forward to part 5.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit