Selection of the JWs in 1918/1919 - how might a JW attempt to show from the Bible

by insearchoftruth 55 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

But we're not talking with Catholics, we're talking with Jehovah's Witnesses who are controlled by a publishing corporation who happen to claim to be God's spokespeople on earth. Surely asking for proof of such a claim isn't a bad thing? Unless they're a cult...

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    The most current publication of the time of thier being "chosen" was the Finished Mystery. On the front cover of that book is the symbol of the Sun God, Ra.

Is there a good scan of this cover available......along with the page with the copyright.....good point!

I mentioned finished mystery to him because I was raised Lutheran and wanted to read what was said about Martin Luther.....

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Insearchoftruth,

I am sure there is. It's the front cover of that book. I have to get to work, but if no one posts a scan, I'll research it on the internet later today amd post it here.

Coffee

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

We are speaking of JWs here...what other religions have in the closet is irrelevant to JWs and their claims.

It is NOT a fallacy to judge a relgion on its origins rather than what it is today when they make the claim, based on their origins, to be God's sole channel of truth. By the way, apply that principle you just stated to holidays.

All other religions, contrary to the Wt claims, do not dismiss prophecy. they keep in expectation but wait on God...something the WT has never been willing and able to do.

As far as this so called selection in 1919, as well as the preceding 'captivity period', this is all extra Biblical rhetoric. Sure a few verses here and there are claimed to be prophetic of these event by the WT...making their entire status self-proclaimed.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

finished mystery

This is from a quick search of the internet... note the winged sun.. this is the symbol of RA. I used to have this book. Maybe someone else can post a clearer pic. Really have to leave for work now.

Coffee

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    This is from a quick search of the internet... note the winged sun.. this is the symbol of RA. I used to have this book. Maybe someone else can post a clearer pic. Really have to leave for work now.

I had found the small file with the cover picture, but when I attempted to enlarge it and print....unclear!

• blondie
  • coffee_black
    coffee_black

finished m

This is better, I think...

Coffee

• Black Sheep
  • reniaa
    reniaa

hi insearchoftruth

We are not an island all of God's people including the appostles needed correction when they have slipped up and made mistakes. The greek scriptures are clear on this, differences of opinion on doctrine, arguments, clashes etc always needing correcting happened often, why would this change?

2 Timothy 3:16
    All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Why would we need correcting if mistakes couldn't be made? I think it is obvious we were getting prepared for needing refinement and correction from our own and satan's pushes to step off from God's ways and so we have God's word and holy spirit guidance to correct us as we need it.

Reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit