District Convention 2009 Complete Audio Recording. Why not for general distribution?

by ThomasCovenant 22 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's a Sacred Secret.

• minimus
    minimus

My mom's friend paid $100 for her recordings.

• fokyc
    fokyc

I have an almost complete recording of this years Cardiff, UK Convention, it was broadcast on the radio from the org., anyone living close to the Millenium Stadium could have listened AND recorded it.

I thought they wanted more people to listen! I am obviously wrong.

fokyc

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

For Shepherd Book.

This was said by the Chairman immediately prior to announcing the opening song No 174 and prayer;

'We would also like to direct that any recordings of this program should be for your personal use or for the benefit of those unable to attend.

Recordings should not be made available for general circulation or distribution.'

I don't know how to go about making the whole recording available for all those unable to attend, ie the 99.9% of mankind who didn't hear it.

I don't know if the recordings are already on the net but I'm happy to oblige if anyone can advise me.

Thomas Covenant

• besty
    besty

drop password protected a PM - he is handy with audio files...

• fokyc
    fokyc

Here is the Drama from Cardiff:

http://www.box.net/shared/7t2zxxmrs9

fokyc

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Besty--Thanks. Will do

fokyc---It is the Cardiff one I have too. So looks like I don't need to post it on the web. Already done.

Just spotted it's drama only. I'll give Password Protected a buzz.

I'm sitting listening to it. How different the talks seem when you can listen to them outside the brainwashing atmosphere of the convention.

It is so regimented and scripted and false it hurts.

Thomas Covenant

• JWoods
    JWoods

Maybe a few of the real old timers still remember the famous Freddy Franz rant about 1975.

It was pretty hard to claim they never said it with a tape of this still around.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I thought they wanted more people to listen! I am obviously wrong.

Come on guys, if you can listen afterward, you aren't there to hear about the deficit and you are not moved to drop some more money in the bucket.

They don't want you to share a recording until those that didn't attend were guilted and an effort was made to get them there. Only after they failed to give in to guilt does the organization choose to let you share the indoctrination sessions with them. Afterall, they already failed the guilt pressure, so they need more talks.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is called CONTROL...Like a performer who wants to supply all recordings of their work and not be subject to bootlegs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit