District Convention 2009 Complete Audio Recording. Why not for general distribution?

by ThomasCovenant 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    At the beginning, the speaker says that if you do record the convention, you are not to use it for general distribution.
    Why not?

There are NO legal grounds on which to prevent anyone from publishing the audio recordings.

The speaking is just saying it to see if anyone is actually dumb enough to believe him.

Oh, by the way... everyone here owes me $20 for that thing I did the other day. Please Pay Pal it to me. Thanks!

• sir82
    sir82

You have to understand the mentality of the guys at the top.

They view the sheep with utter contempt.

Their line of thought: "If it is too easy to miss a meeting / assembly / convention, the publishers will definitely miss it. Widespread distribution of a recording of the program will allow them to think they can miss these things with impunity. We must enforce this rule so that these nitwits will actually show up and not relax at home & listen to the program."

I.e., they think that the majority of those who miss their oh so precious and holy conventions do so because they are lazy, materialistic, or selfish - or better yet all 3. They further think that it is only through their eternal vigilence that the rest of the suckers sheep do what they should be doing.

This is what happens when you start to believe your own publicity, that you are the sole 9 people on earth that God talks to.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Thomas - thanks for the info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit