Why do I still feel guilty?

by JWinprotest 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yeah, i guess so spike...opposition to religious hypocrisy...or perceived opposition by cultic captives to their taking in the crap tuahgt by the WT- which of course the captive see as truth.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

JWinprotest I don't think it's guilt that you are feeling. Don't let the fear of being confronted by the people that you care about be confused with guilt. They are the abusers not you.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Because you are still attending! You need to quit COLD TURKEY - remove yourself completely. It can be done. Just decide (if your situation permits) that this or that meeting will be your LAST.

I read somewhere that it takes 21 days to make a new habit. Not sure how long exactly it takes to undo an old one. But believe me, once you no longer attend, the guilt recedes exponentially with each meeting missed. What are you waiting for???

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

perhaps it's Armageddon?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

don't miss the ride Spike

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike, JWs have been waiting for armageddon since the day they were incepted. That is not wrong. Unfortunately they have been led along like whipped dogs having a date waggled before their eyes, promulagated as God's date...only to fail. A Christian should keep awake, but need not let this life go unnurtured.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike, I can tell you exactly why you feel guilty. Rom 8:1 says there is no condemnation for those in Christ. You are not in Christ. You can not be at the moment since you follow men who exclude you from this group. Thus you feel condemned. Why not dump those old dudes, put aside their interpretations and focus on letting God's word talk to you. You will end up finding out that you to can be in Christ...and that you do not need the WT, or any human intermediary between you and the one mediator between God and man, a man, Jesus Christ.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

who says I feel guilty? If I do, it's not on account of Isaac's wild speculations.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Thanks to those that came to my defence here.

Spike, I'm positive that the guilt is not from a troubled conscience, because for that to happen there would have to be some sort of lingering doubt as to whether the JWs have the truth or not. I can tell you for a certainty that there is not a shred of doubt in my entire body. As a matter of fact, the longer I ponder over things and research facts, the more I am finding myself doubting the validity of certain bible accounts that I found were instrumental in shaping the type of person I am today. (Kinda sucks....I know)

I believe most here are right, meeting attendance is so ingrained in my head that I just can't shake it. Growing up, my dad was opposed to the meetings so it was a constant battle to attend, and I think that conviction just drilled it in that much deeper. I think part of the struggle too, as was mentioned here as well, is, if this is not the true form of worship, than what does God want back from me? Personally, I am coming to grips with the fact that God wants me to live a good moral life and to try and help those around me whenever the opportunity presents itself. He's entrusted me with a family, and I think my number one task from him is to take care of them

Meeting Junkie asked why it's taking so long to get out. As I've mentioned in other posts, my wife is not yet ready to take the plunge and she's asked me to give her some time. I obliged, but I told her I do not want to carry on the sherade when the children understand what's going on. So in my estimation we have less than 2 years left. The good news is she is coming around, and she is starting to drop a few hints here and there with her family about her displeasure with the WTS. I think my oldest is starting to get annoyed with the meetings too. As we're getting ready for yesterday's meeting she starting throwing a fit saying she didn't want to go. She actually said, "I hate the meetings". My wife and I looked at each other in the eyes, tilting are heads to the side and just smiled.....we have never been prouder of our little girl!!! LOL!

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

cognitive dissonance, perhaps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit