Why do I still feel guilty?

by JWinprotest 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Heaven
    Heaven

Spike... get a hold of yourself!

Telling yourself that you are not doing something wrong when you've been taught that not doing something is wrong even when it is not actually wrong, is not 'self-denial'. It is the truth and you are attempting to undue a lie that has been driven into your psyche ever since joining the cult. Not attending a JW meeting is not committing a sin.

Further, you have added the word 'devotion' where it totally does not exist in my previous post. I said nothing about 'devoting' nor 'putting trust in nobles'. At a 'country' or 'national' level, you can help people. I work with people who do this.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I used to tell my wife [long before we figured it out] that the organization's favorite scripture ; " Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together... to incite to love and fine works" should read, in the sense they use it to motivate : "Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together... to incite by guilt to fine works".

Just as our buddy Spike here, and others, have discovered, they cannot shake the guilt. They like the guilt. They continue to nurture the guilt, even trying to get those who show up here to feel guilty. They keep repeating the mind control mantra they have been taught - Prayer, study, meetings, service. Prayer, study, meetings, service. Prayer, study, meetings, service. Prayer, study, meetings, service.

You, however, seeking to see thru the fog will eventually allow you freedom. You feel guilty at times now - but eventually [and not due to a seared conscience - what a stupid thing to say Tassle] you will get free from the ties that bind your mind. When you do - you will be soooo surprised how the guilt [which wasn't really guilt at all, but mind control] evaporates.

Peace/Namaste

Jeff

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Hebrews 10:23-27 is recorded as follows, with highlights mine for emphasis:— 23 Let us hold fast the public declaration [Literally, "confession."] of our hope without wavering, for he is faithful that promised. 24 And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, 25not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day srawing near. 26 For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, 27 but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike,

again allow me to help you. 'not forsaking the gathering' is speaking to the Jews who were isolating themselves from the 'lovefests'...due to their looking down at the converted Gentiles not keeping the Law. Nothing to do with meeting/church attendance.

14 If we sin deliberately after receiving knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins
    but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.
    Anyone who rejects the law of Moses 15 is put to death without pity on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
    Do you not think that a much worse punishment is due the one who has contempt for the Son of God, considers unclean the covenant-blood by which he was consecrated, and insults the spirit of grace?

The sin is spoken of in verse 29, not 24

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

there are a variety of sound applications to scripture, truly

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

agreed, so long as we let God's word speak rather than try to make it speak a preconceived idea.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Tassle - since you highlight this as important - what does it mean to you?

27 but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

those who don't attend and benefit from the WT meetings, and who work so as to prevent others from attending and thus benefiting

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Perhaps it could mean 'those in opposition' to:

• Those in opposition to God's view on the sanctity of life by denying use of blood in medical ways to sustain life.
    • Those who tolerate and even condone by their policies, pedophilia and it's perversions within their religion.
    • Those who dare use the translation of spirit mediums to conjur up agreement to their convoluted explanation of various Bible texts
    • Those religious organizations that condemn war and violence, but who secretly invest millions in industry that makes weapons of war as it's main business
    • Those religious organizations that explain the UN as Satan's foremost tool on the planet, but who quietly join it's ranks and lie to the membership and say they didn't
    • Those who oppose God's view that we humans have no authority to judge and condemn - those who build entire religions around the foundation of hate, and paint God as hateful, vindictive, bloodthirsty, and petty
    • Those religions that condone illegal bribery in Mexico to keep it's membership safe, whilst allowing members to die in Malawi rather than purchase a 25 cent card supporting the government

Jeff

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

it's a matter of what we each consider worthy of consideration

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit