Why do I still feel guilty?

by JWinprotest 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

JWinprotest....it is all what you are used to...and it becomes easier in time. The programming comes off...it does. it seems you already know it is nt the truth...be happy...enjoy life with your free mind.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

perhaps, is it because I still have a conscience? and even a relationship with Jehovah and Jesus Christ?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Google or see wikipedia for Conditioning. You have heard it that often that it is a normal reflex. You have to learn that you can miss those meetings.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

is it, perhaps, because my conscience isn't seared, after all?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

1 Tim 4:1-5

1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Hm, sounds like the bOrg to me

• boyzone
    boyzone

Hi JWinprotest.

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. Never undersestimate the power of constantly drip-fed "reminders" and "recommendations" and "must do's" in this Organization. You've been conditioned to think that if you don't follow these "reminders" you don't have God's approval and you've been listening to such false reasoning for decades. Of course its going to take a while to shake that off.

Being at the meetings, CO visit or DC says nothing about the quality of your faith. All it shows is an obedience to an organization that lays a huge amount of importance on these things and judges you on your adherance to them. Don't give them that control!

Both Spike and Reniaa are fringe witnesses and therefore are still convinced that you have to "work" at meeting attendance etc as part of the Organization to gain salvation. This isn't so. Salvation is a gift freely given and can't be earned no matter how many meetings you go to.

So don't be convinced with this "feeding at Jehovah's table" guilt trip they lay on people. God knows your faith because he reads your heart not your meeting attendance.

• inbetween
    inbetween

I completely undertstand, being still in, meetings are more and more boring, and I see more and more the brainwashing done there , however, I also fear, by fading out (only longterm option for me right now) I will loose my spirtuality.

being used to have a strict program on spiritual things may make it hard to keep up a spiritual program on your own..

and this can also cause feelings of guilt...

• Heaven
    Heaven

I agree with leavingwt and Lady Lee. Mind-control is deeply rooted. But you can retrain your brain. So everytime you have a guilt feeling, follow it up immediately with a thought of "I am not doing anything wrong. I refuse to be mind-controlled." Have this conversation with yourself everytime you feel this guilt and, in time, it will work. I have done this myself because of certain guilt feelings I once had that were depressing me.

I also fear, by fading out (only longterm option for me right now) I will loose my spirtuality.

inbetween... if you truly do not wish to loose your spirituality, I suggest that you put your own program/plan together to address this. Do your 'due diligence' and come up with your own personal definition of spirituality, then plan what you will do about it, and then implement it. You could look at it in parts. First part is personal, second is family, third is friends, fourth is community, fifth could be your country, sixth could be globally. Perhaps you can share with us what your definition is. I'm still working on mine but one part is to help my aging father.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Delusions of self-denial such as "I'm not doing anything wrong" are hardly the courses of wisdom. Further, since "countries" are considered by Jehovah to be like the "dust on the scales", any devotion to "country" proves futile. As Psalm 146:3 states:— Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. Psalm146:5 gives the useful alternative:— Happy is the one who has the God [Hebrew, she-’El´.] of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in Jehovah his God. The remainder of Psalm 146 tells us some of Jehovah's marvellous attributes. Meditating on these attributes will allow us to draw close to Jehovah, as we purify our hearts, in line with James 4:8, and along with other who call to Jehovah out of a clean heart.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You have it backwards Spike. The feeling of guilty for leaving the org, not going to JW meetings, etc is the delusion...realizing one has done nothing wrong by abandoning the cult is waking up to reality. Give it time Spike. Relax, get comfortable...take in the info here. We will have you sound and free of the cult as well. We will have you put the JWs in your rear-view mirror. You will make a fine Christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit