Do/did you like to read Daily Text?

by Albert Einstein 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I hated it. We actually never really did.

Once, on vacations, we were with another family, they prepared food on the table for breakfast .... and then nobody could touch it for some 15 minutes, when daddy was reading daily text and asking childish questions ... family members were raising hands and answering .... We all were hungry... watching the food ... and hoping it will soon be over (I dont mean Armageddon, I mean Daily text...) I felt just like an idiot....

Albert

• outofservice
    outofservice

Hated it! As a kid every morning before we could go to school we had to sit down and read the text and look up the scriptures and then pray before we could leave. Awful waste of time ,five minutes later I couldn't tell you what I had just read. Half asleep most of the time.

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Hated it. It usually just was a reminder of how hypocritical JWs were, since what was stated was the opposite of what I saw going on around me.

• lrkr
    lrkr

I always tried to be a good dubbie- but couldnt get into it. Even at bethel fell asleep during morning worship.

• White Dove
    White Dove

After reading the scripture, there was no use guessing what the comment was going to say because it was never relevant to the scripture. I always wondered why they used that comment for that scripture. I tried to associate the two but never could.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

isn't it just a rehash of some wt article from the previous year...which is most likely a rehash of an older article?

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I had the kids read it to me as I drove them to school. Lasted about a month

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

No!

• Dagney
    Dagney

It is like getting a spanking every morning. It is always negative, and focused on what is wrong, never about anything good.

I was with some JW's a while back, and they read the text, then commented on what a struggle it was to "whatever" the counsel was for the day. Now, these are dubs, and really, they are not struggling with major issues some people are dealing with (drug/sex/alcohol addiction, chronic lying, or what have you) ...they have loving families, and jobs and are for the most part, nice good people. Yet, they are made to feel like they are barely makin it as a JW!!!

So after they all made their self-flagellating remarks, I said I didn't find it hard to do well...it wasn't a struggle at all. They just sort of looked at me. But I hope they thought about it. However I'm sure they will be back feeling bad the next day when they read the text again.

sheesh.

• crapola
    crapola

No, had to make myself read it with the kids. No wonder they left the "truth" when they grew up. They probably could see right through me and knew I thought it was a crock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit