Do/did you like to read Daily Text?

by Albert Einstein 37 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

hahah.....dagney.......daily spanking!.......damm i hate i missed so many........it was like once in a blue moon for me......and that was with BOTH dub wives.........my folks did it every day with me growing up.......and still do..............dammit..........oompa

at some conventions......when they do the text.......they try to make you feel like cornshitted if you are not reading it every day.....some even want you to pull out the old frikkin mag and review it!!!!!!!!!

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I prefer to read the cereal container. More interesting morning reading

• Robdar
    Robdar

Every morning over the breakfast table, we got the daily text read to us by my dear father.

I know he meant well.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

My parents dragged the dang text along on summer vacations. Every August at the campground, with the babbling stream calling and the mountains and pine forest waiting to be explored, the fried eggs, bacon and ripe fragrant cantaloupe on the picnic table...then out came the dratted stinking Daily Text. It was a must. Couldn't even avoid it on vacation. I sure didn't pay any attention to it, smelling the food and dying to start the day's adventures. How ridiculous that was! What were they thinking?? If I was lucky, oopsy, fortunate, they didn't expect me to comment, cuz I hadn't listened to any of the droning on of the paragraphs.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Hmm..I'm not sure I can eloquently articulate my feelings on this matter...but let me try. What's that word that starts with

HELL F*CKIN NO!

??

• only me
    only me

NO!

Not when I was growing up, not when I was on my own and whie I read the occasional Watchtower and Awake that my husband brings home, I wouldn't bother with the text. Waste of time and usually such a stretch to make the scripture fit in with the comments.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I didn't even like the forced praying when we ate. The daily text was torture. The only time I looked at it was on the way to the field circus so I could be a good dubbie and answer the questions.

We had some elders who would ask questions about the text and wanted answers before we pulled out the text book.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I liked when i was visiting my grama and she would want us to do the text together each day.

But I remember one time, about a year and a half ago, we read the text, read the comments and then there was dead silence. It was the wierdest thing I had ever read and it made no sense.

Finally, I said, "I have no idea what that was about." My Grama said, "Me neither."

We closed the text and ate supper.

But every once in a while, we laugh about that text. Neither one of us remembers what it was about.

I don't know if I mentioned it here before or not, but....I love my JW Grama!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was a complete waste of my time. Always, the answer that the Washtowel (a paragraph from last year's washtowel) was inaccurate or not applicable. They tried to make it fit in with field circus, which meant wasting more time. Staying out way past normal quitting time (even at great personal expense and hardship), being diligent on calls that made me want to puke, and doing only what the leaders of the group want you to do was normally the theme.

And those comments from the Washtowel never did me any good in personal life. Most of the time, it meant nothing. And, when it did mean anything, it always took value out of my life when I attempted to apply them. Doing more in field circus, giving up all forms of entertainment, and always thinking of washtowel crap were common denominators of a good many of them, and those crap agreements and classes that were redundant and/or not applicable made up the others.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

The other day there were zealous JW friends staying overnight with us.... Last time, since we do not read DT at the breakfast, my friend took DT and read it ... I didnt like it.... my home - my rules, you know... but its difficult to forbid him to read it.....

So this time I prepared a Bible at breakfast (NOT NWT!!!!!) and when my friend was about to pick up DT, I said "Well, lets read some Bible..." and I started reading Matthew.... To prevent him from reading DT I read two chapters slowly while we were eating.... until the breakfast was over.... I just dont like Daily texts!

Albert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit