TIMBER!!!!!! Tree struck by lightening

by Yizuman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Our tree out front of the house got hit by lightening. Part of the branch landed on the power line, but didn't take it down. Called the city worker and they came to get it off the line. They're removing the downed part. The rest of the tree is badly damaged. So we're trying to see if we can find someone to come and take it all down, but unfortunantly we can't afford to pay to have it removed.

If anyone from Indiana wants free firewood, come and get it!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Just put a "free firewood" ad on craigslist or freecycle and explain they must cut it up themselves. I'll bet you you'll get 3487912578392 "Still available?" replies within 5 minutes.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Before you have someone cut it down, consider that proximity to electrical lines is highly hazardous. Furthermore, if they don't charge, they won't have proper insurance and bonding (or experience for that matter), meaning if they take your house out, kill someone, or mess anything up, you may be liable. Trees next to houses and powerlines are not something to mess around with.

• John Doe
    John Doe

One more thing, "free firewood" ads are a running joke in the arborist industry, as no skilled person ever takes such jobs. The only kind of person who does is either doing you a huge favor or is a hack.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

You must have said something about going back to KH for lightening to stike that close!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    You must have said something about going back to KH for lightening to stike that close!

LOL!

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I called the Insurance company, doubting if my tree is covered. Lo and behold, I get an email that a check is on the way to cover the tree!

Yiz

• Robdar
    Robdar

I was just about to suggest you contact the insurance company but see you already did it.

Hey, did you see the lightning hit the tree?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

No I felt a thump, thinking my cat knocked over something. Looked around, saw nothing. Sat back down. Then I go out for a smoke break and "HOLY CRAP!"

Yiz

• Satanus
    Satanus

No thunder??

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit