Witnesses "Policing" People...Is It True?

by CrimsonBleu 50 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Fofyc,

interfering pattern, with the 'KGB'' and the 'STASI'.

I don’t see how you can compare the witnesses to the KGB

The witnesses are far worse.

The difference between the KGB and the witnesses is, you can reason with the KGB.

If you introduced parastroika! to Russia, why can't you sort out the witnesses

KT

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

But please, although people here obviously speak from first hand experience and have esperienced these things themselves, either from the watched or from the watcher side - this should not give you the impression this is THAT common, that this is what goes on all the time. Having a three decades long experience, I can assure you I have NEVER done or heard of fellow elders doing something like that. What my experience is, is that JWs approach and tell they because they were at a certain place at a certain time happened to see or hear that so and so, and then bring that information on to the elder in question, because they do not feel comfortable about the situation or about what they heard or saw or felt. Active stalking I have never neither heard of or experienced.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Old hippy,

What my experience is, is that JWs approach and tell they because they were at a certain place at a certain time happened to see or hear that so and so, and then bring that information on to the elder in question, because they do not feel

That is not the way I read the scriptures!

There is a procedure for doing things like this;

Math.5 v 25 if that does not work then, Math18 v15. Most of the problems could be sorted out there and then by using principles set out in those two scriptures, without elders.

By going to the elders you give them the opportunity to prove that they are in charge, plus you make them break that rule, because they should say to the informant, what about Math 5 and 18. Before they get involved.

But they DON’T because they are inflated with their own position, THEY CAUSE SO MUCH TROUBLE BY THEIR INABILITY TO READ SCRIPTURE getting involved when they should not..

KT

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks twinkletoes for the Watchtower reference and the publication date. This article is an incriminating example of a significant breach of confidentiality and medical ethics approved of by the Watchtower Society. I haven't seen anything in the publications in more recent decades which has repeated this "principle"of snooping - or that has rescinded it. In New Zealand, if a medical receptionist divulges information to a third party, they would be sacked and then sued. I have never heard of a JW health professional who has divulged confidential patient information to the elders - but one thing's for sure, the Watchtower strongly advises that, under the pretext of keeping the congregation "clean", patient confidentiality can be breached. Absolutely disgusting.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In my experience, Witnesses are certainly told to report any "serious wrongdoing", eg sex, smoking, fraud etc.. and yes Medical treatment if you had knowledge of it.

But snooping on your c/d's and other questionable behaviour is just the prerogative of nosey individuals, not an official policy. It is true that the WT is attractive to the kind of people who love to follow rules and imposing their rules on others. In my time it was accepted that everybody was not at the same level "Of spirituality" and no witch hunts for minor transgressions was ever done.

Today, in my own subjective experience here in the U K , you cannot get an elder to make a home visit or to show interest in you, unless perhaps you are a sweet old lady who will ply him with tea and cakes!..Despite having an extra evening in the week these days, they are "too busy"

• steve2
    steve2

Good points Bluesbrother. Snooping can be a tiring activity and is no where near as glamorous as is commonly thought. I get impression elders just want to "get by" with no fuss. I wouldn't go so far as to say they'd ignore gossip, but they're no where near as actively looking after the congregation as they were in my grandparents' day.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

If Mary had reported first to the body of elders, they would have been faced with a similar decision. How would they handle confidential information coming into their possession? They would have had to make a decision based on what they felt Jehovah and his Word required of them as shepherds of the flock. If the report involved a baptized Christian who was actively associated with the congregation, they would have had to weigh the evidence as did Mary in determining if they should proceed further. If they decided that there was a strong possibility that a condition of "leaven" existed in the congregation, they might have chosen to assign a judicial committee to look into the matter.

Whatever happened to the TWO WITNESS RULLING , if they don’t have two witnesses, it should been dropped, unless of course they squeezed it out of her through their interrogation methods

KT

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hi Twinkle toes

My husband (Kaytee) has just asked me if I had posted a reply on the WT policing thread (Re: Mary hospital receptionist) I was confused at first and thought that I had been "sleep walking and posting on JWD", until I realised that we have both chosen the same name !

You are Twinkle toes and I am Twinkletoes - it's very confusing for other posters, but at least I think we are both on the same side of the fence where JWs are concerned.

The WT article that you posted was very interesting - isn't it awful how they can manipulate the scriptures to control the rank and file.

Twinkletoes

• rebel8
    rebel8

I know an elder who brought his own mother before a jc because she was caught kissing a man while she was single. The eye witness testimony was another relative, whom he coerced into spying and giving testimony.

I have no use for any of the parties involved, but the story is useful in illustrating how totally screwed up this cult is. If ever you encounter anyone w/o a jw background who doesn't believe it's a cult, tell them. And explain what a jc is.

• fokyc
    fokyc

I am glad 'twinkletoes' and 'twinkle toes' have been able to identify the difference between them!

I too thought 'twinkletoes' was having difficulty sleeping and posting in the middle of the night, BUT I was fairly sure that KT and twinkletoes do not have/use the CD-ROM perhaps they do and don't let on!

Anyway KT I must agree with you when you say "the witnesses are far worse than the KGB", but I thought it a fair comparison for people who haven't experience of both.

The elders particularly are extremely dangerous, they have opinions which are often wrong, BUT they act on those opinions without any due regard to the truth or 'the truth'. My wife is still an active witness and I have real fear each time she goes to the Kingdom Hall, that something will be said or something will happen and the elders will mis-construe the actual event.

NEVER trust the elders, I firmly believe they are actually taught to lie about any events which follow mistakes which they make.

I just hope Reneii (spelt wrong I think) will read this, I know HER elders are just perfect

fokyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit