Witnesses "Policing" People...Is It True?

by CrimsonBleu 50 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

This policing is why GROWN PEOPLE are required as JWs to have "chaparones" when they are "dating". Its a police state. There is some twisted reasoning that to do this is what Jehovah wants them to be doing and it endears them to the elders and gives them points on some kind of cosmic score board. And maybe a part on the next Circuit Assembly! Oh joy joy!

• desib77
    desib77

This is literally making me nauseaus....

• wizardca
    wizardca

wasn't even attending the sales meetings any more and my sister threatened to go to the elders about my camping trips and an upcoming europe trip with a girlfriend. they saw nothing, but heard things so of course gotta be the JDub Police. maybe if i was actually going to the sales meetings it would have been a real threat....

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Desib, this is new to you too?

• blondie
    blondie

I have known of several stakeouts overnight to catch someone staying overnight with someone of the opposite sex without a chaperone. Yes, the WTS some how believes that sex only occurs at night.

In one case 2 elders snuck up to the bedroom window of the one elder's ex-wife's house and took videos.

Of course, we must not forget the elders who check the CDs, DVDs, videotapes of jws as the sheep leave to get tea or coffee for them.

I remember one jw called the police and said that a suspicious car was sitting outside their house for 5 nights that week. The elders just about crapped their drawers when the police shined their lights into the windows and asked them what they were doing. Couldn't say they were making return visits at 2:30 am.

I can remember a sister who worked at a smoky restaurant (back in those days, yah) and she would come to the meeting right after work. She was accused of smoking although no one every saw a cigarette in her mouth. So she had to go home and change clothes and take a shower, wash her hair, to PROVE she wasn't smoking.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This is a COMMON feature of most cults.

Please read '1984' by George Orwell and please read 'Combatting Cult Mind Control' by Steve Hassan, for more details.

• mac n cheese
    mac n cheese

I was so glad to see my Grandpa pull up and give me a ride from school, especially since I used to live really far away from him. He smoked like a chimney (a pipe), and he then dropped me off at the Kingdom Hall so that I could go out in service. I was so excited by his surprise visit that I actually cancelled on my partner so that I could spend more time with him that evening. I remember the group staring after me in amazement, since I never cancelled on people.

Imagine my surprise when at the next meeting, 2 elders asked to speak with me about "a very important issue". They wanted to know if I had been smoking clove cigarettes, or using incense. I started laughing and said, "What? Why? That's insane." They were dead serious. I think they only reason they finally told me what the circumstances were for the accusation was because I was a goody two-shoes high school pioneer. After that I explained that it was my worldly grandfather, I asked them why they'd believe the ignorant accusation when my character should have given the answer alone. They said that it as long as it was a serious accusation, they had to investigate it. When I said that not everyone who is accused is guilty, they said, "You're being too influenced by worldly 'justice'. You have to prove your innocence."

Seriously?

• steve2
    steve2

This urge to snoop is a hallmark of most small, exclusivist groups. It's like living in a small town where everybody knows everyone else's business and if you don't, you devise ways to find out. Think down-market Desperate Housewives. Most people would say snooping's obnoxious but it's a very enticing activity. That's why there is no shortage of subscribers to gossip magazines and celebrity TV.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

mac n cheese

The same thing happened to me about smoking when I was a teenager. It really hurt to think the elders were so quick to try to find something against me. It bothered me for years that even though they knew me they were so quick to try to get rid of me. And I still feel they wanted to out of the truth because of my pedophile parents and they only wanted my parents in the truth not me. I think they could see the hand writing on the wall as to what would happen once I told what my parents were doing to me.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It is very common. It is taught that a good JW will turn in a fellow believer when they "sin" against the GB dogma....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit