Witnesses "Policing" People...Is It True?

by CrimsonBleu 50 Replies latest jw friends

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

My sister told me once she likes to "Police" people, that it was sort of a game she liked to play. She is true to her word, she does just that. Always seeking the negative, rarely acknowledging positive...anything.

Is this common among witnesses? Is this something taught by WTS so that they are aware of any potential "bad fruit" amnong them?

If anyone does this, or has done it, or knows someone who does it, tell me what they do to do this and why, if you can. Thanks

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Its absolutely true. And absolutely endorsed that they watch each other and narc to the elders when they see anything going on. Supposed to be a loving provision. Its ratting and tattling and gossipping is all that is.

I know people have been watched by elders who sit outside their homes. I know they have been followed by elders in cars. I KNow elders have called people and had a third party on the line to trap folks. I know JWs who work at hospitals break patient confidentiality and tell the elders if someone has a blood transfusion and is a JW.

There is nothing sacred...and telling on each other like school children is something many get great happiness from doing.

• caliber
    caliber

It's true alright.. I know of several cases in the past of "elder stake outs" at peoples homes if they

suspect adultery or fornication is happening. One witness friend was asked for the use his van as no one would recognize it.

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

wooooooaaaaah, that bad? OMG. (mouth open...)

• sir82
    sir82

Not exactly common, but it does happen.

Most frequently happens when a believing spouse wants to get a "scriptural divorce" but doesn't have the requisite "2 witnesses". In such a case, elders will "stake out" a home and observe if the philandering spouse's car is where it doesn't belong "for an entire night" (in the JW world, fornication/adultery only occurs at night of course).

If 2 elders see the car there "all night", that's good enoough to meet the "2 witness rule" and Sister Pious can then be "free to remarry".

Some elders really get off on playing Sam Spade.

Of course, some rank & file publishers with nothing of greater interest or importance in their lives like to look for unsavory behavior among their fellow believers as well.

JWs would keep a university full of psychology professors occupied for decades.

• chickpea
    chickpea

an uber-righteous pioneer
    at the time in her early 20's
    used to call my home and
    leave messages ratting
    on my young adolescent
    children....

"i saw ana at the theatre
    with some teens who were
    wearing shirts with suggestive
    slogans".... blah blah blah
    crap like that.... i told her
    to knock it off and stop
    interferring

too bad one such message
    was heard by my daughter
    as it was being recorded

• Spectre
    Spectre

It would be rather funny to get an elder arrested for being a peeping tom.

"But officer, they might be committing lewd act in there."

"Exactly. You have the right to remain silent......"

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Are JW's the only ones who did this; mormons, Catholic? Just wondering. I know a fair amount about most of their teaching, but nothing on this subject. Gosh, God has eyes for all things, what the H are people trying to prove!

No wonder so many are depressed.

This is interesting...any more?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve been all over..It`s extremely common..

.................OUTLAW

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Yes it is common. The elders feed upon the publisher informit.

The elders need the added eyes and ears of the publishers.

In that way, they can keep the congregation in line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit