Is the NWT the best...

by Narkissos 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Thanks!

I think someone adept at Photoshop needs to bring this vision to become a reality ;)

I sat in my car talking to my JW friend for a couple of hours the other year and that metaphor came to mind (key and driving).

The whole "jehovah wagon" thing developed today.

I do not mean to disrespect any JWs lurking BTW. I just want them to open their eyes and see what is really going on.

They might construe the use of "jehovah" as disrespectful but my belief is the "jehovah" who is at the KHs is nothing to do with the Father or even "Jehovah". People disrespect and profane the name of my Lord and King all day long (Jesus). I never correct them, He is slow to anger and one day they will get to discuss their views directly with Him.

All the best,

Stephen

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

When you have a dinosaur on the inside cover of your green Bible, you know you have the best.

Rub a Dub

• possible-san
    possible-san

Mr. Chalam

Although I never think that the NWT is the best, I think it cowardly/unfair to express that as the "Satanic Bible."

You should search by Google and you should also get to know that the "NIV" has a close relation to the "Satanic Bible."
    http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NIV/niv-gay-satan.htm

possible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi possible,

I think it cowardly/unfair to express that as the "Satanic Bible."

I was not thinking of JWs reading the NWT but Satanists reading the Satanic Bible when I wrote that.

However, I would not dissuade you from your description ;)

I checked the link you post regarding the NIV. I use it a lot. It is not perfect or the tightest translation. However, it is not corrupt at the core as the NWT is.

All the best,

Stephen

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

LOL - RubaDub

• possible-san
    possible-san

Mr. Chalam.

I checked the link you post regarding the NIV. I use it a lot. It is not perfect or the tightest translation. However, it is not corrupt at the core as the NWT is.

OK, I understood your view.
    But in that website, it is written as "NIV same as Jehovah Witness' New World Translation."
    http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/NIV/niv-gay-satan.htm

I think that your reply to me is too quick.
    Probably, you are reading no articles of that website.

possible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Possible,

"NIV same as Jehovah Witness' New World Translation."

I think that your reply to me is too quick.

I think you reply is to slow.

John 1:1 (New International Version)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:1-51 [New World Translation]

1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

Genesis 1:1-2 (New International Version)
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Genesis 1:1-31 [New World Translation]

1 In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God’s active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters.

They might look the same but look carefully, they are quite different.

All the best,

Stephen

</form>
  • possible-san
    possible-san

Mr. Chalam.

I think you reply is to slow.

What does this mean?
    Joke?

About John 1:1, I have stated my own opinion about it.
    Why does the NIV add "the" which is not in the Greek text? ("In the beginning...")
    This shows the limit of the translation from Greek into English, IMO.
    But the NWT has "brackets."

About Genesis 1:2, your investigation is insufficient.
    Because, in that footnote, it is written like this.

“And . . . active force (spirit).” Heb., weru′ach. Besides being translated “spirit,” ru′ach is also translated “wind” and by other words that denote an invisible active force. See 3:8 ftn, “Breezy part”; 8:1 ftn.

Though you do not agree to that explanation, the NWT shows the reason for that translation.

possible
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Well, since off topic it goes...

the NWT shows the reason for that translation.

Not quite so: it doesn't explain why it is translated "active force" here rather than "spirit" or "wind" as everywhere else (actually that would be a tough thing to explain).

But (hopelessly trying to get back to the topic) JWs can realise this NWT inconsistency just by using the NWT (with footnotes).

• Chalam
    Chalam

(actually that would be a tough thing to explain)

LOL!

It is amazing how every JW one speaks to, when one mentions the Holy Spirit, almost immediately two words come out of their mouth, namely "active force" even though the doctrine is an active farce!

Yes possible san, it is a joke :)

I was remarking that you were not quick to see that the two translations are not the same at all.

Anyhow, we'd better keep on topic ;)

To answer the question Nark, I think all the WT publications totally suck!

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit