Post a Picture Thread - Nice to Meet You !

by flipper 2310 Replies latest members private

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Mr Flipper, we went through Sparks on our trip out west.(Don't remember it though) .we ended up in Deadwood in the little town where the slot machines line the streets..we stayed there most of the rest of our vacation..lol Ka ching....we got hooked. I think it was run by the local indians. It was the first time we ever played . Course we didn't win a thing.. My brother in L.A. wants to move to Reno or Sparks..

We saw the Corn Palace and we went on some scenic loop that went out of S Dakota into Utah I think..THAT was absolutely beautiful. We practically had the whole road to ourselves...We did a big circle..going through Colo. Idaho .. Nev. Iowa.. S Dakota, Wyoming, Wyoming etc.

But the scenery out there is just breathtaking as your pictures show.. we had three weeks and just took our time exploring. We wanted to go to N Dakota and Washington but it was just too much..we didn't get past S. Dakota/Idaho/Wyoming area..

Snoozy...

• flipper
    flipper

SNOOZY- I'm glad you got to go out west and see some of the beautiful country out here ! It really is very scenic in places as you mentioned. We love the Sierra mountains where we live , the pines, rivers, lakes are just beautiful.

Here is a picture of my son Flipper junior on our last hiking trip in a very steep remote Sierra mountain canyon in October.

• flipper
    flipper

And here is a picture of his Flipper senior dad on the trail as well. Shortly after this we slid down a 1,000 ft drop in one mile to the bottom of a canyon on a very steep trail. So steep we could have slid down on our butts with no need of legs.

• flipper
    flipper

Here is another picture of Flipper junior at the bottom of the canyon at our camp spot .

• flipper
    flipper

Another shot of Flipper senior getting warm by the campfire.

• flipper
    flipper

Here is a nice picture of the creek we were at in the remote canyon up in " Bigfoot country ".

• flipper
    flipper

My son took this picture of a cool tree growing straight out of the rock. Pretty awesome !

• cofty
    cofty

My son is a physical training instructor in Royal Air Force, he arranged a flight for his little sister last summer

This is my daughter trusting her life to her brother as she is about to have a go on the high ropes

And this is me the proud dad

• flipper
    flipper

COFTY- Nice pictures of you and your children ! You guys are a nice looking family ! Thanks for posting . I assume everything went well on the flight I hope ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks Flipper, yeah she had a blast. It was a trainer, the pilot was great, he did some aerobatics and let her take control for some of it.

My son's boss has arranged for him to go up in a fast jet in the near future. I hope he stays out the bar the night before!

Here is my daughter after the flight, look at the smile on her face. The pilot reckoned she could talk for England!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit