Post a Picture Thread - Nice to Meet You !

by flipper 2310 Replies latest members private

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

• Nice pictures lilbluekitty. You remind me a little bit of my daughter, she has straight hair and glasses too, but blue eyes. Thanks for sharing, I hope you have many, many more Birthdays.
  • clarity
    clarity

Beautiful picture Sunny ... nice to actually see you!

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Nice shots Terry ...the book looks good too!

Lilbluekitty ... so nice, look at how your face is full of life now!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

@Clarity: thanks... hahaha I was looking back to the top "who is 'Sunny'???"... then I realized it's me LOL

@Terry: Nice pics. It has always been a dream of mine, to write my story and turn it into a book... just never got past chapter one... There's so much to tell, don't know where to start, and always feel that I'm giving away too much (according to privacy of involved people like parents and relatives etc.)... So if you've got any tips on writing I'm all ears (well... eyes in this case )

@Lilbluekitty: so wonderful that you were able to celebrate your 21st birthday. In the Netherlands it's a special one, the birthday where you become an adult. I'm grateful that my kids have celebrated their 21st's too. My first birthday was my 34th. My boyfriend at the time turned 40 so we had a joint party with lots of his friends, but it felt very awkward... I just didn't know how to act, what to say... so I made sure I was busy in the kitchen

• Terry
    Terry

Bruja-del-sol says: It has always been a dream of mine, to write my story and turn it into a book... just never got past chapter one... There's so much to tell, don't know where to start, and always feel that I'm giving away too much (according to privacy of involved people like parents and relatives etc.)... So if you've got any tips on writing I'm all ears

Sit down with somebody who is not a JW and record them asking you questions about details of your life.

Listen to the result.

Do it again with another person and another.

After awhile the details emerge which reflect other people's curiousity.

Now find a really smart friend who will challenge your personal observations as you both listen to the recordings.

Have them make you explain WHY you answerd one way instead of another way.

When all this is done, you'll find your story--the one you wish to tell--has changed in how you look at it, think about it and express it when you remember it.

Start at the beginning and look up information about each year. What was going on in the world? What was important to non-JW's at that time?

Fit your story into world events. Have an external focus as you reach down into your internal memory and gradually blend the two.

After all that preparation, start writing each day and don't stop until you've knocked out 2,000 words a day.

DO NOT re-read it. Just save it.

Next day, same thing.

Day after, same thing.

After 30 days you will have enough raw material do begin editing OUT most of it.

What remains is something that forms the basis of either a book or a memoir or even a short story.

Have somebody who doesn't like you read it and give their opinion.

Find somebody who is a nit-picker who will find fault and let them tear it apart.

Then, start over and write it again. Where is the emotion? Where is the conflict? Where is the personal growth?

Repeat until no nit-picker can find a single nit to pick.

Finally, have somebody who knows you read it. Expect them to like it.

Leave it alone for a month and don't think about it.

Then, read it again. What is your first impression?

That is the TRUE impression. Go with your final evaluation.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Wow Terry, thank you so much for your detailed reply! This is the first time I hear sort of a 'strategy' about writing a book.

Thanks again, this is really helpful

• flipper
    flipper

Bruja-Del-sol , Terry, and Lilbluekitty- thanks for the pictures ! You folks look great and happy ! Like most of us who have exited the cult. LOL ! Keep the great pictures comin' folks ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Oubliette has escaped his prison!

Oubliette has escaped his prison!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Oubliette, what a Guy!!!

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

BEFORE

AFTER

My son and me:

With my daughter at Glasgow Science Center

And me going to a concert (Alter Bridge)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit