why am i here?

by Daft Fader 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Daft Fader
    Daft Fader

i am not sure why i have started posting here. a very good under valued friend recommended that i should come here. i have left the truth and have made my life completely religion free.

in the few short weeks i have looked at this again i have gone a tiny bit insane. i have a lot of knowledge of the scriptures and truly want to believe in the doctrines but it overwhelmes me.

Which path should i take? Ignore this or try and deal with all the crap?

discuss or abuse. feel free

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Welcome daft. First, why don't you tell us what made you "leave the truth" if you "truly want to believe in the doctrines"? Are you saying that you were DFd, but still believe the Watchtower Society has the truth? In that case, just keep reading, starting here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/best-of

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

First of all, welcome!

I suggest that you suplement your knowledge of the scriptures with studies about the origin of the Bible, Judaism and Christianity.

Regardless, you must choose a path that lets you move ahead in life with no regrets, with a clear conscience. It is your choice to make, but if your choice goes against what you, deep inside, know is true, you'd be only betraying yourself.

Keep readin', keep postin'...

• Daft Fader
    Daft Fader

i believe in something as yet I don't know what it is but its not the WTS. Have a look at my other post which should put me firmly under the heading 'oh dear'

DF

• Daft Fader
    Daft Fader

duplicate post

• Dagney
    Dagney

I would ask, what do you want your life to be? Or your children's?

Maybe thinking about living the life you want will help you choose which path.

• Daft Fader
    Daft Fader

i have a very happy life which revolves around my children. i have been happily ignoring the religion thing but now I am trying to reconcile myself to it and embrace all of this without hurting my children.

At this juncture i am still wondering why i am opening my life up to this?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

i have a very happy life which revolves around my children. i have been happily ignoring the religion thing but now I am trying to reconcile myself to it and embrace all of this without hurting my children.

At this juncture i am still wondering why i am opening my life up to this?

Perhaps because there are some unresolved issues. You have questions that were never answered, in spite of your dsitance from the religion. As I said, just keep reading. My hunch is you may be over-analyzing it.

• caliber
    caliber

Verbalizing your thoughts and feeling in written words ( in time ) helps you to clarify them and find

your true inner self ! When life seems to be going in circles stop.....stand still ...and try to look deep into

the center of your being !~~~Cal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBPFvp750sc

there will be answer Let it be... let it be !!!

• Daft Fader
    Daft Fader

if when my two step daughters or my son turn to me in times of trouble then i will think job well done. until then i can only guess that i am doing a good job rather than dictate.

I am amazed that there are so many pro witness people here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit