my story,my sins and their consequences

by highdose 34 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks for sharing your story

I have spent my entire life being punished for the above sins. I was treated as someone disfellowshipped by alot of the congo, shunned by all my peers while growing up and left out of every social activity. Constandly critisied, told off and patronised. i've spent my whole life with everyone around me making it very clear that i'm not wanted, i'm worthless, dirty and unlovable.

I would really like to see this sort of cruelty brought to an end.

kudos to your mum for toughing it through

Justice doesn't exist in the WTS and I'm so sorry you got pushed to the point of suicide

ql

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome HD, thank you for sharing your story.

Looks like you didn't actually commit any scriptural sin, ironic isn't it when you were treated so bad and ended up so traumatised.

I hope you will find some closure here and support.

Sam

• chickpea
    chickpea

welcome aboard mate...
    i am a mother and i approve
    your presence on this forum!

looking forward to hearing more

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Welcome and thanks for sharing.

The punishments you received just show what a cult the Watch Tower Society is; conform or be punished emotionally and mentally.

Sidenote; it's interesting you felt you couldn't share this due to Reniaa. I wonder if those who chose to defend her behaviour here will take notice of this.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I like the way one poster recently described our experience....

WE DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE......WE HAD AN ULTIMATUM.

So true.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome to the forum highdose, I'm sure you will find lots of support here

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Highdose,

(((((HUGS)))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, you have been through so much!!!! Be asured you are welcome here, and will find yourself among many friends!!! We are so glad you are here. We look forward to hearing more from you. This will most likely prove to be a place of therapy for you, like it has for so many of us.

Take care..

Lady Liberty

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hello highdose! So glad you found us.

Thank you for sharing your story...it takes courage to do so. But in doing so, how many will read what you have been through and share much of the same experience and feelings.

I wish you strength for your journey. It takes a lot of courage to leave a cult.

I look forward to your posts.

• yknot
    yknot

I so hear you on being punished for things that in normal conditions you would be praised and encouraged!

Standing up for yourself in the Org is never acceptable for us sisters..... any and all abuse is suppose to be forgiven and kept quiet in full submission!

Thank you too for chosing life over suicide! As you have read you are not alone in your experience, they were very cruel to you!

What is really odd is how many of those 'cherished JWkids' lead double lives that could make a gossip magazine writer blush when those of us who were told constantly of our unworthiness were model JWs until we came to our own personal breaking points (and often to JWN). There is nothing right you could have done in those bullies eyes and I am so proud of you for accomplishing so much under such pressures!

Yknot..... another sister of the not wanted, worthless, dirty and unlovable class

• LightCloud
    LightCloud

You know funny you make that observation Yknot becuase mine is the exact same. Almost all the high profile children in the Congregation, who were the most well looked upon and given alot of attention and "privileges" were the worst offenders of the double life syndrome. While the meeker, quieter ones who got looked over were usually the ones alot closer to actually living the life the WTS said we should all have strived for. They often would get away with things to when caught red handed with things like fornication with worldy girls, smoking, doing drugs, underage drinking, got away with it either by having it swept under the rug or merely getting away with a PR and most in the Cong would forgive all. But let a quiet low profile one do something even remotely the same, and if they didn't get DF'ed and manage to get the PR they usually got the treatment of a DF'ed person anyways so it didnt make any difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit