my story,my sins and their consequences

by highdose 34 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

highdose---Young, good looking, single and intelligent these are not the type of people they want too

be a JW..Lets face it, if you really look at how the structure of the kingdom hall congregation is set up

I wonder why any woman with any intelligence would be a member..With in the local congregation we have

1. super elder 2.regular elder 3.strange elder 4.elder wife 5. ministerial servant 6. ministerial wife 7.pioneer(male)

8.pioneer wife 9.pioneer(sister) 10. elderly sister 11. sister with children and unbelieveing mate(her position could

change if her husband became a JW and also how well off financially she may be) and she is not a threat to the

elders wives.!2. single sister with children and then 13. single, good looking, young and intelligent sister, a

deadly combination...It,s set up to repress any abilities women may have , be happy while you are still young

you can now enjoy life to the full.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Welcome, Highdose, and I am so thankful you have made it!

You said: it was at that point that i woke up and realised that somthing was terribly wrong, the scripture says that Jehovah will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, yet here i was??

Exactly! Thank you!

We are glad you are here.

Love,
    Baba.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The way they treat "sisters"--everything they do is supposed to be what their husbands tell them to. I have seen numerous marriages like this where the "sister" either cuts him off for sex, commits adultery just to be free, or suffers in silence.

A woman is a human being, just exactly the same as men, whether these f***ing religions want to acknowledge it or not. This means that they should be allowed the right to do their own thinking and have their own opinions. The wife should be able to express her own opinions, even if they do not agree with the husband's, without worrying about getting this kind of treatment. For their own good, they should at least look at each other's viewpoints with the goal of learning what the other knows and to find which one is the truth, or if both can be compatible. Personal preference matters have no right or wrong--the wife should be able to have (and express) her own preferences, particularly when the husband is going to be minimally or not affected.

If they cannot put up with this kind of insubordination (which is not unreasonable--why the wife should be in absolute subordination to the husband is beyond me), they might try other "sins". Note that, for this post, I am not going to suggest real sins (against the scriptures), in case the person wishes to continue being a Christian. Such "sins" could include going to a real church (of your choice, not your husband's or the witlesses'), celebrating holidays and birthdays, listening to Gospel and/or Christmas music (where appropriate), reading a regular Bible without the aid of Washtowel littera-trash, blowing off boasting sessions and field circus totally, giving to charity of your choice, donating time to community service of your choice, and even displaying a cross on your front door. If they are going to have a stroke for not obeying the hounders and the men in the congregation, they are going to have Marfan's syndrome when you do the above--and you will probably get disfellowshipped in the process.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Wow.....your story sounds like mine in some ways, but I wasnt abused by anyone. Except emotional and mental abuse from my ex husband. Glad to meet you.....xox

• Quandry
    Quandry

Highdose,

Thank you for sharing your story. I, like the others, am soooo glad you decided to "stay in the game."

It is amazing the power this organization had over us...you are certainly not the only one who considered "sweet sleep" a viable option. I thought about it, also. My daughter was treated horribly as a teen by a JC after doing some normal silly teen stuff, accused of fornication (she didn't) and made to read a scripture that she was "filth in God's eyes, and would burn in the lake of fire with the devil and his angels." Yes, this was devastating for her, me, and her dad.

We are all "out" now, though only my daughter is df'd. They, however, hold no power over us anymore.

I am so glad you got an education. My daughter is in college now, and we are so proud of her. Let me say I am proud of you, too.

I welcomed you when you first posted, and also gave some motherly advice about having respect for yourself. I haved lived almost 58 years and know whereof I speak.

I hope you continue to excell in whatever field of work you have chosen. I have hope that you will chose your new friends wisely, and only choose a husband on the basis of friendship and how he treats you. I am sorry you have been mistreated by your father....please do not ever get involved with any man who has tendencies like his.

Well, I will end my advice stage. Just so glad you are doing well. You have many achievements. Congratulations, and may you have many more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit