Materialism & Adultery

by sweet pea 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

sweet pea

'you need some new friends........'

No doubt. I still have some 'friends' that i acquired yrs ago, during my christian phase. As a christian, following the christian solution to everything, these are people that i tried to help, yrs ago. I thought that jesus and i would change them. It didn't happen, for the most part. But, some of those people remain and are hard to shuck off.

S

• chickpea
    chickpea

too true, innit blud?

in general, if one is a "good person"
    they will seek the company of like
    people.... those whose spectrum of
    social behaviour is aligned with their
    own....

because i have become politically active
    in issues that will have enormous bearing
    on my trangeder son's future well-being,
    security and happiness, i have "fallen" into
    company with some of the most decent
    and courageous people of passionate living
    that one could hope to encounter.... roundly,
    blindly and ignorantly condemned by theocracies
    around the globe....

in the alphabet soup designation for the
    umbrella that embraces the LGBTIQQA
    dwellers on the fringe of human rights....
    i am the "A"... ally

been a hell of an education and i am more
    alive and engaged in living than at any other
    time in my life....

mebbe their cuppa tea aint my cuppa tea,
    but no one is insisting i drink it.... and i
    return that courtesy as well... those whose
    acquaintance i have made and with whose
    friendship I have been graced are, at the end
    of the day, decent people i am delighted
    to keep company with...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I agree. Whilst JWs are quite good at keeping up appearances, there can be a lack of depth to their morality in my experience. It's all about "giving a good witness".

Zarco's comments about the lack of interest in environmental issues are spot on too.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Witnesses congregations are usually pretty good and hiding the problems from new recruits. Most people get involved with the Watchtower because their lives are in termoil and the Witnesses seem to have the solution and everyone seems to be so friendly. They are told they have found a "spiritual paradise. When they start to see problems they tend to overlook them because they want this to work. If they bring the problems they see to to the attention of others they will usually get the old wait on Jehovah routine. If they hang around long enough they realize that the people here are just as bad or worse than the ones Jehovah's plans on killing. If you aren't a JW you don't have to hang around with the nasty people you meet in the world as a JW the nasty people you meet are part of your family and you are stuck with them.

• besty
    besty

I think people are people - good and not so good everywhere you go.

The problem that JW's have (IMHO) is that they are immature in their thinking skills. Even the 'mature' ones. Their thoughts are pre-digested and their answers come by rote.

Thats no way to go through life - having a real personality and a cult personality must lead to all sorts of inner turmoil that leads to strange behaviours and mental illness. Who really knows the mind of a JW...

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Materialism & Adultery are 2 sins among many which can be overcome by knowing Jehovah well and accepting Jehovah on his own terms, and our fellowman and ourselves on Jehovah's terms, as well. 2 Timothy 3:5, after listing a number of other worldly traits, sums the matter up this way:— having a form of godly devotion [Literally, revering well] but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

• Fernando
    Fernando

When you whitewash a grave it can be a little difficult to tell just how rotten it is inside. By their fruits you will recognise them: supremacist, self-righteous, deceitful, envious, boastful, self-centred, self-serving, self-preserving, ignorant, prejudiced, venomous, judgmental, legalistic, moralistic, ethnocentric, Gnostic and more...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit