Major anti-cult campaign in autumn? Post here if interested

by rebel8 48 Replies latest jw friends

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Great angle Tuesday.....and your writing style is very good, non controversial......thanks!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

The idea came to me a couple of weeks ago when my tonsils swelled and I was taken off of work. All I've really got is an outline and a bit of research done. I think regardless of my writing style it's going to be controversial. My videos are very polarizing as much as they're strictly the facts. With a documentary I'm relying on other people to give their opinions which of course will be discarded. I don't think I'll be able to get many active JWs to give interviews on the subject. Obviously I'd like to interview the Venus sisters and Prince, but somehow I doubt I'd be able to. My dream would be to interview the Governing Body as a whole about things, nothing too specific just getting their responses on things. I'm fairly confident I'd be able to get people to talk about things by asking real open-ended questions.

Mickey Mouse you have a PM.

Anyone who's interested in this project as well, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to PM me.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Personally I feel if it is out in common knowledge HOW JWs fit the mold of cults it will be harder to recruit people.

Bravo!

I hope you make the video.

I suggest you play up your controversial nature. It will get more hits that way. You can be controversial while not looking like a kook or liar, just being bold and telling the truth. Back up what you say with facts--that way it doesn't look like religious hate or crazy accusations.

For example, show a visual of what they do wrong, not just someone talking. Like the cover of the Awake when they bragged about all those kids who died because of not receiving blood, along with their quote about it....what was it..."thousands have given their lives"...?

• Matthew 46:79
    Matthew 46:79

Hi thre I am new to jehovahs-witness.net

I have considered some possibilities similar to what you are suggesting. The problem is they can always spin it either somethign bad will happen and they will villify *our* actions much liek what has happened with anonymous (Their claims of threats and physical attacks perpetrated by members of anonymous) or they will just spin it as more persecution.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Matthew (if you happen to still be reading this)--

That's just fine, because we're not trying to affect current jws in any way, just non-jws.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I would like to help.

The Oracle

• rebel8
    rebel8

Great! (And good to see you.)

Here is the info about it--please post there and vote in the poll.

http://cultprevention.blogspot.com/2009/11/millions-now-living-will-never-die.html

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Thanks. I'll check it out.

The Oracle

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Cool.

I checked it out. Well done.

I voted, and left a comment.

May 2010 it is. I believe the objective will be meant.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit