Major anti-cult campaign in autumn? Post here if interested

by rebel8 48 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

So we already have this thread which has separate actions for next month: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/179142/2/Make-August-2009-the-dawn-of-the-mass-exodus-the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-Watchtower-org

I don't intend to discourage anyone from participating in that. Those actions are meant to educate current jws (help people leave). I suggest the following actions, mainly intended to educate the public (prevent people from joining the cult).

1. Stop financial support permanently-August 2009
    2. Fade-August 2009
    3. Other actions suggested in the other thread-August 2009
    4. Write letters or emails to other dubs about false teachings/scandals, with copies of proof (can be done anonymously)-Now through October 2009
    5. Mass writing letters to hq--with a goal of 1 million letters arriving within the same week (emphasizing pain caused by false teachings, abuse, shunning, or New Light) -see below for time frame
    6. Mass writing letters to editors--with a goal of every newspaper printing at least one, simultaneously-see below for time frame
    7. Mass mailing to anesthesiologists and other physicians (download from ajwrb.org)--with a goal of every physician who transfuses blood to receive education about how to handle jws, simultaneously-see below for time frame
    8. Mass mailing of educational materials (download from silentlambs.org)--with a goal of every child abuse clinic to receive education about abuse in the jw cult, simultaneously-see below for time frame
    9. Additional ideas-please suggest

Notes:

#4-isaacaustin said he would do a mass emailing-I think he means to jws-pm him if interested.

#9 Freedom Fighter suggested writing to stadiums rented for assemblies and would like feedback on that idea.

DT suggested starting blogs. There are many already, but what if 100 new counter-jw blogs popped up during the same week there were letters to the editor, materials sent to physicians and child abuse clinics, etc.? Free, anonymous publicity!

Timing-publicity could be maximized if a bunch of stuff happened at once. We would need to set a specific week to do this. How about at the beginning of December when people are getting ready to celebrate holidays?

Letters to the editor-these are more likely to be published if they are in response to a news story they already ran. You should also keep them short-usually the newspaper has limits of 250 words or so. And it should be making one main point, which is stated in the first paragraph (studies show people don't read past the first sentence/paragraph if it doesn't catch their interest). One point-jws shun and that's hurtful, or whatever. One point! Also most do not allow anonymous letters unless you have a really good reason, so you'll have to plead your case strongly (don't want to be shunned or whatever).

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Rebel 8...you have some good ideas going. There is only one idea here which is a real strike against it:

"How about at the beginning of December when people are getting ready to celebrate holidays?"

I would think this should be done well in advance of holidays.

#1...holidays slow down the mail and it may not arrive until closer to xmas.

#2. The closer to xmas it arrives, the less anyone is going to give it attention. Their minds are on decorating, shopping, and parties. They will not let things like that cloud their celebrations.

Just my 2 cents.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Could we get some recommended email addresses and post office addresses listed somewhere here for us? Some target ones, like Governing Body individuals, Bethelites, newspapers (for email or postal) ,,emails of any known elders, pioneers, any JWs of any sort. It would make it easy for some of us to chime in. Thanks.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Sending info to child abuse clinics is an excellent idea

• Gayle
    Gayle

I just went to "yellowpages.com" and got all the Kingdom Hall addresses in Arizona - 76

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sounds great.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Gayle - what are you sending to KH's? Do you think the person assigned to open the mail is usually alone?

• DT
    DT

I just started a community blog. http://jehovahswitnessesblog.blogspot.com/ Please PM me if you want to become a contributer. This is a little easier than starting your own blog. People who already have a site or blog are also invited. They can use this to promote their existing site.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Here is the proof that all the wt says on apostates is true!!!!

sad people just want to comfort each other? Nope active apostates that want to act detrimentally towards the witnesses very actively as this thread proves without doubt!

Reniaa

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

OK - Reniaa, you bring the muffins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit