Major anti-cult campaign in autumn? Post here if interested

by rebel8 48 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Edited to delete my stupid post.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hi Rebel8...

Yes I am more than willing to do a mass-emailing campaigne. Perahps we can agree on a topic i should use? Anyone please pm me if interested....

• rebel8
    rebel8

I now feel as though activites intended to communicate with individual jws should be coordinated through the other thread, because that's their goal, and it was their idea.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

what other thread?

• rebel8
    rebel8

From the OP:

So we already have this thread which has separate actions for next month: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/179142/2/Make-August-2009-the-dawn-of-the-mass-exodus-the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-Watchtower-org

Those are separate actions which will have a much smaller impact than what I'm proposing.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

rebel8 and all, I would think a the media blitz has some merit, a few years ago after one of the blood items got some press I sent letters to the three somewhat local papers and at least the put a short article on the Hughes case....

All great ideas and thanks so very much!!!!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I'm going to try for a documentary, I'm in the VERY early stages working with a producer to find funds.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    I'm going to try for a documentary, I'm in the VERY early stages working with a producer to find funds.

This to me seems like a very good opportunity to get the word out....and it should be relatively low cost.

Knocking seemed to have gotten a fair amount of airplay due to the PBS series independent lens, I would guess something done on a very fact based level, asking good questions like Tuesday does on his you tube series would be very interesting....there is plenty of information that the WTS has provided that would be of interest to the general public that they (the WTS) have done a very masterful job of shielding from their present membership, at least until the time that they can get thier potential converts and members to feel that anything 'anti-WTS' is merely apostate rants....

There should be plenty of mainstream paths to get the word out.........just want to make sure it is not a rant

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    This to me seems like a very good opportunity to get the word out....and it should be relatively low cost.
    Knocking seemed to have gotten a fair amount of airplay due to the PBS series independent lens, I would guess something done on a very fact based level, asking good questions like Tuesday does on his you tube series would be very interesting....there is plenty of information that the WTS has provided that would be of interest to the general public that they (the WTS) have done a very masterful job of shielding from their present membership, at least until the time that they can get thier potential converts and members to feel that anything 'anti-WTS' is merely apostate rants....
    There should be plenty of mainstream paths to get the word out.........just want to make sure it is not a rant

Actually the basic idea is to get word out there of HOW Jehovah's Witnesses fit into the mold of a destructive cult. I want to do an interview with Steve Hassan with his BITE method explaining what they are. The big selling point of the documentary and the hardest part I feel where I've just started sending out feelers to various agents is getting former Jehovah's Witnesses who are actors, actresses and musicians to do interviews about their upbringing as JWs. That I think would be the selling point.

Personally I feel if it is out in common knowledge HOW JWs fit the mold of cults it will be harder to recruit people. I'm going to be writing the documentary since that's my trade, I'm going to try my hardest to make it similar to my series. We'll see though, I do have to sell the thing and have a partner who will be helping me write it who's going to be a bit busy when his other movie comes out next year.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

That's a great angle Tuesday.

I'll PM you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit