Do You Think Most People Are Prejudiced ----Black, White, Red, etc.???

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

After reading the terrific thread about the black Harvard professor and the allegations being thrown around, I wonder if anyone might not show prejudice in one way or another. I kind of think, anyone can be guilty of it. I know some blacks that seriously look down upon other blacks simply because of a variation in color. I know many whites who view ANYONE different as being inferior. But I think most people have shades of prejudice within them, maybe not extreme, but some.

What do you think??

• fern
    fern

yes, I think most people are inherently racist to some extent. I think it's actually normal for people to lean more towards people who are more like them rather than different from them. I strongly think there are many varying degrees of prejudice. You can be a little bit prejudice or alot. Anyone who says they aren't prejudice at all is fooling themselves.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think everybody is prejudice to a degree, some more than others.

I work in a jail with all kinds of people and most of the time I think everybody is the same.

But there are other times, I think everybody is the same, but we didnt all come from the

same home, background upbringing and economic and social opportunites, those thoughts

could make me prejudice to a degree.

Because I want to flock with birds of the same feather. Not necessarily the same color,

But I want to be around people that have similar values as I do.

For example I dont want to be around people of any color who are into rap music.

Because their values that they embrace in their music of being a thug, criminal, worshiping

guns and treating everybody like shxt are not indicative of the kind of person I want living

in my neighborhood. So I am prejudice when I become aware of the music one listens to.

And I am prejudice when I see the way one dresses. The way one dresses often tells me

what sort of music they listen to.

And it can go on and on.

Bruce Lee, said "as you think so you shall become."

If you listen to violent, criminal music, If you watch violent nasty movies.

You shall become a criminal.

And then I'll bring you your breakfast, and take you to court.

• minimus
    minimus

Hmmm, I like violent nasty movies but I hate violent criminal music.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm prejudice against homeless people because I fear being like them. I was homeless for a week and it scared me to death. I don't hate them at all, but rather pity them and really want to help them. I do, however, shudder when I see them. I ususally have to choke down tears. Does this even make sense? Maybe I'm not prejudice that way. Not sure.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hmmm, I like violent nasty movies but I hate violent criminal music.

Maybe your social, economic standing and job opportunites do no make you

resort to being an all out criminal.

Anyways that's my prejudice, I'm also a muscian and musicians for the most

part do not like rap music.

At least not the kind of musicians that can play instruments and read notes

and can sing and play music with a melody, or know what a melody is.

• minimus
    minimus

Perhaps I like violent movies because I like gangster movies and The Sopranos.

• gumby
    gumby

I think that's an impossible question to answer because we as individuals haven't a clue what is really in the mind of people, most of us are unaware of the attitudes of all the various cultures and how they are taught.

I think if you generlized your question to the U.S. and had an age group in mind, you might get some answers with some credibility behind them.

See what happens to a perfectly good mind when you become a dub again Minimus 'ol buddy O' mine.

Nice to see you still keeping watch over the fort Min

Oh, how am I doing you ask? Hangin in there still. Having the old friends I once had is still a pleasure as they we're good people but brainwashed as you and I were at one time.

K, back to your thread.

• minimus
    minimus

GUMBY!!!!! YAY!!!!

• ssn587
    ssn587

Forsure I think Obama is!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit