The Bible

by desib77 55 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Able,

If you are able to google some information which identifies politicians who have already made this admission please share the link.
    It would give me great comfort.

I don't feel that will be happening any time soon,, since I won't be googling for any such statements by politicians as I would consider it a great waste of time for I can't for the life of me see why any politician would do such a thing and ruin his political career. You reasoning from the scriptures has not inspired me enough to even to look.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

able,

I will confess that I am already afraid about the future of mankind due to their continuing efforts. It is only the promises in the bible which continue to give me hope.

Well that does seem like you are pretty desperate if that is the only thing that gives you hope.

Could it be that you are automatically without knowing it, transferring your imagined hopeless state of mind on to the mind of "enlightened nations". And this hopeless state of mind is making you conclude that others must feel the same way. Also people have their pet bible prophecies interpatations that tend to force a certain fullfillment that they have grown somewhat attached to.

Remember this: that perhaps "enlightened nations" don't think or see the world the way you do. When I was a child and I was depressed or feeling bad it seemed like the whole world was the same way but as I became older I realized this important fact that the way I was experiencing the world through my senses when I was sad or feeling hopeless, didn't mean the whole world was feeling that way. It was an important realization for me, so I just thought I'd share it with you.

• desib77
    desib77

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this. I hope to read through all of the responses on my lunch.

One thing I do want to mention, though, is that I am in no way open to JW beliefs. I may not know exactly what I do believe but I am positive that JWs do not have "the truth" and I hate that so many people have their lives ruined by them.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

It seems to me that abuse of freedom of choice has caused the ruin, not Jehovah. What do YOU think?

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

Spike wrote: “It seems to me that abuse of freedom of choice has caused the ruin, not Jehovah. What do YOU think?”

And where did mans freedom of choice come from? Man? If one believes in a creator, then he was ultimately responsible. As ALLTIMEJEFF pointed out on his posts if the parent isn’t there to have a positive influence or set the rules and police the situation crap is going to hit the fan. It’s actually even more appalling when one thinks about it in the following manner.

God creates man, man turns away from god partly because god allows a 3 rd party to influence man. God disgusted with mans decision figures “they’ll learn” and allows the 3 rd party to continue to have a bad influence on man, yet he himself not doing anything positive for man, or counter action to the bad influence. God even go’s so far as to punish mankind on a few occasions (ouch). But of course the whole time this god makes promises to those that would obey him they will be rewarded. Obviously with time things degenerate so much that man even doubts in existence of this all loving father, because like they say “actions are stronger than words”. So can we say their was freedom of choice in this matter? Not really because this choice would require that all mankind be perfect and know what the choices meant in absolute terms. All we have lived is the bad side of it and only promises from the good side.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

what is "perfect", actually. Is it not "meeting expectations"? Are we? If not, is it any wonder if we lack "peace of mind"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit