The Bible

by desib77 55 Replies latest jw friends

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

AllTimeJeff,

while you silently sit back and watch it all, and then possibly hope that I think you are the best option for mankind???!!! Yeah. Right.

Then continue to vote for the alternative options.

You will always be allowed to measure the value of your alternative options by looking around at what is happening in the world.

It measures the value of all the alternatives.

God will continue to allow you to reap the benefit of your decisions.

How are you liking it so far?

abe

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Abe

Lets get real. You can't prove what you believe, although trust me, as far as I am concerned, feel free to believe whatever you want.

God will continue to allow you to reap the benefit of your decisions.
    How are you liking it so far?

So lets see, God, having abdicated his responsibilities as a father, has made a decision that his agenda is more important then the suffering of billions of people.

You have the question and premise wrong Abe. God set all this in motion through his abandonment of his creation long before I was born. He hasn't been present, not once, in my lifetime, and for centuries prior.

Thus, I happily accept responsibility for my own actions instead of waiting superstitiously on an absentee parent who obviously has better things to do then be with his children, or pay up on his child support.

Wrong question. Wrong premise. You are putting the consequences God already put into motion on me, and that is wrong. This is clearly all on "god".

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Let me put this premise another way: To say that suffering is mans fault as god proves a point is tantamount to a parent with a family, who sensing that he/she is unappreciated, simply leaves the house to the care of their young children. To prove how valuable the parents are, the parents simply leave, thinking "That'll show them. Let them suffer."

The kids do what kids do. They tear the place down. They hurt each other. The stronger get the food and what they want, the weaker are locked in their rooms and are dependent on what the stronger siblings allow.

And this is the kids fault, not the parent(s) who walked out on them, right? Or would we hold the parents accountable for turning their backs on what they started.

So god walks out on mankind to prove his point, but the reality isn't that at all. It's a total theistic copout. Using this line of logic, the responsibility, the culpability all lies with the negligent irresponsible parents who started life, but then decided that they didn't want anything further to do with their own children.

Not a chance in hell that this is right, moral, makes any sense, or is a good argument for god.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

AlltimeJeff

I think it is the goal of enlightened nations to work to accomplish this over time.

And so God is allowing them the opportunity.

Please don't blame God for being a no show when you or anyone else think enlightened nations are GOING to solve the problems of suffering over time.

When I look around at what is really happening in the world it is the "enlightened nations" that have been a no show.

Jesus Christ said that Christians will have to endure to the end.

The end will come when the "enlightened nations" admit that they; "don't know which way to turn".

Your convictions posted above assure me that I will have to wait and endure for some more time.

While your convictions persist I am confident that God will continue to be a no show.

abe

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Please don't blame God for being a no show when you or anyone else think enlightened nations are GOING to solve the problems of suffering over time.
    When I look around at what is really happening in the world it is the "enlightened nations" that have been a no show.

Abe, I posted this likely while you were responding to my other post. But my argument stands about this being on god, not the kids he turned his back on. Sorry....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Able,

The end will come when the "enlightened nations" admit that they; "don't know which way to turn".

Does that mean every intelligent ruler has to throw his hands up in the air and give up before God brings the end? What's the critical mass breaking point for this to happen 50%,80%, 90% or 100% of the "enlightened nations" ?

And your use of the term "enlightened nations" does this just refer to who's ruling at the time or are we to expect a certain percentage of the nations acting as a whole and issuing out statements to the general public that they no longer no which way to turn? What are the details of this sign for the end come? Will we be reading it on the Internet ?Will we be able to google search these statements at government run web sites or find them on the UN web pages?Telling us they no longer know what to do.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Frankie,

Does that mean every intelligent ruler has to throw his hands up in the air and give up before God brings the end? What's the critical mass breaking point for this to happen 50%,80%, 90% or 100% of the "enlightened nations" ?
    And your use of the term "enlightened nations" does this just refer to who's ruling at the time or are we to expect a certain percentage of the nations acting as a whole and issuing out statements to the general public that they no longer no which way to turn? What are the details of this sign for the end come? Will we be reading it on the Internet ?Will we be able to google search these statements at government run web sites or find them on the UN web pages?Telling us they no longer know what to do.

I believe it will be 100%.

The bible does indicate however, that it will reach the point where some nations will actually obey God.

and eventually all of them will have to obey God.

When Nations start to admit that they do not know which way to turn I expect you will find the admission in all kinds of media.

Try and imagine what it would take for AllTimeJeff and similar people to change their convictions.

When the world reaches that point then I expect that Jesus Christ would soon return.

Luke 21

29 With that he spoke an illustration to them: “Note the fig tree and all the other trees: 30 When they are already in the bud, by observing it YOU know for yourselves that now the summer is near. 31 In this way YOU also, when YOU see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near.

abe

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Able,

I believe it will be 100%.
    The bible does indicate however, that it will reach the point where some nations will actually obey God.and eventually all of them will have to obey God.

Wow 100% that would be awful impressive if that ever happened.

But it all seems so childish that "Enlightened Nations" will give up and give over their control of government to the imaginary unseen Deity of the bible(after all they are enlightened),, especially since this Deity has never made a showing or anything,, for them to turn over their power over to him,, not to mention,, since they would be proclaiming according to you,, they "don't know which way to turn". The puzzle pieces you are offering me don't seem to fit together very logically namely "Enlightened Nations" giving an imaginary unseen Deity rulership over their respective countries that don't sound like something enlightened nations would do.

Not to mention how this transfer of power would be orchestrated,, would the enlightened nations start putting bible believers in power over their country since these are the ones that claim to know what this Deity wants.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Frankie,

But it all seems so childish that "Enlightened Nations" will give up and give over their control of government to the imaginary unseen Deity of the bible(after all they are enlightened),, especially since has never made a showing or anything,, for them to turn over their power over to him,, not to mention,, since they would be proclaiming according to you,, they "don't know which way to turn". The puzzle pieces you are offering me don't seem to fit together very logically.

"Enlightened Nations" is a term that AllTimeJeff used.

I don't believe that he was referring to nations that had been enlightened by God.

I think he was referring to "Enlighted Nations" who over time would be able to end suffering in the world without the aid of God.

They are "enlightened" with man made knowledge and intelligence.

Hope that helps the puzzle fall into place.

When nations start to admit that they; "do not know which way to turn", then expect that many peoples convictions will begin to change.

Please imagine the amount of suffering they will have caused before this point is actually reached.

I will confess that I am already afraid about the future of mankind due to their continuing efforts.

It is only the promises in the bible which continue to give me hope.

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Frankie,

If you are able to google some information which identifies politicians who have already made this admission please share the link.

It would give me great comfort.

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit