As my interest wanes............

by AK - Jeff 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I can relate.

I joined this board many years after leaving the WT so it probably filled a different kind of need than to most, but a kind of need nonetheless -- revisiting the "world of my youth" as it were. I found it even more interesting than I would have thought and have enjoyed it for almost 6 years now -- with ups and downs of course. But this is waning -- steadily, I feel. The other day I referred to a not so old thread of mine (2 years ago) and while I skimmed through it I realised how much this board has changed since, as so many people left (I'm not discussing cause or effect here). I have changed too no doubt, but what struck me is I was still interested in that old thread, and I feel the same kind or level of interest in current discussions more and more rarely.

Ironically I had left for a few months when JWD was closing and started posting again when JWN came up, thinking the re-opening to new members would revive the interest I found in it. It has to an extent, but not quite like it had been. But then I must be the nostalgic type (that's what brought me here in the first place). :)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You being the first person from this forum that I met in person, I followed your effort to know the real truth and find a church you might feel comfortable in, then realize that didn't work for you. I admire your giving it every chance to work out between you and the guy in the sky that might be there.

Not from any church attendance, but along a similar path otherwise, I have lumped all religion together. Still, most are placebos for people and some are very charitable. Only a handful are so dangerous that they should immediately be demolished if that danger were the standard to determine that.

Religion is so deeply rooted in our civilization, so I understand that it is not going to roll over and die. I am grateful for the personal growth toward not allowing religion to dictate my life anymore. Even I will share Christmas presents with family, though I don't actually celebrate Christmas. I can wear green on St. Patrick's Day. I get into some Bible debates here on JWS, but I don't really worry about proving a point to those that are still just as certain that God wrote the book as I am that He did not.

I know you aren't leaving here, nor am I. I have family connections that keep me interested. Even short of that, I have made great friends here. I hope to lose interest in things JW or xJW one day, but I am sure that I will continue to keep contact with you and JK and Flipper and isaacaustin and a bunch of others. We are like Titanic survivors. We ain't getting onto another ocean liner, but we have a common bond.

• IronHill
    IronHill

AK-Jeff i have sent a pm...

I have read here for some time, and i thank you...hopefully you will be here awhile longer

• designs
    designs

Its all growth. All the best on your journey.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't post as much as I first did years ago. Many of the dissections of 1914, 1975, etc., I have seen many times. But I stay to do my Comments which new ones (and some old posters) still read. I figure this DB is not just for what we need, but what others need who are new and come here.

Blondie

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

I for one am grateful to many of the posters on this site. When I first decided to leave this site was an invaluable help.

I know for a fact it's helped others too.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Ak, I hear ya.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

As addictions go, you could do worse.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I try to drop by when I can but I totally relate to what you are saying. I try to post when I can but have exhausted everything I have to say on biblical topics. only took a few posts ;). Meeting up with people for real was like magic. It's a shame I didn't collect more email addresses of those who aren't around anymore. :( But the honest truth is, I spent too long on here and I now have a partner which I didn't for some time. Plus this site doesn't work on my laptop which is linux. ;)

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I find myself coming and going..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit